We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kawah Ijen & Mount Bromo - Tour vs Going Solo

3 posts
Save Topic
Kawah Ijen & Mount Bromo - Tour vs Going Solo

My husband and I are going to Kawah Ijen and Mount Bromo at the end of this month. Would welcome suggestions on the following:

1) Night Tour to Ijen - Already booked our hotel but not the actual trip to Ijen crater itself. Would it be better (cheaper but reputable) to arrange it when we reach the town, online, or through the hotel?

2) Mount Bromo - At the moment undecided as to whether we should go for a tour or hike up by ourselves. We saw that some people say it is better to go to King Kong Hill instead of Penanjakan viewpoint. Does anyone have any personal experience to share? Also read that the two places are actually near each other. We would then like to go to the crater, Savana Hill and Whispering Sands. Is it possible to go to all these places by foot or by jeep is necessary? If yes, how long would it take and how strenuous would it be? Are there any places along the way to get food and drinks?

Thanks in advance for any help/insight. :D

4 replies to this topic
Paris, France
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kawah Ijen & Mount Bromo - Tour vs Going Solo

Hi,

When do you go to Bromo and Ijen? I am wondering the same questions and I think the best option is to go through an agency but with 4 people it is cheaper for sharing the costs of the tour.

Claire

Edited: 10 May 2018, 22:13
East Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
33 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kawah Ijen & Mount Bromo - Tour vs Going Solo

Hi...

Actually view point in bromo there are three places Penanjakan, Kingkong hill and Love hill. To get to the places you need Jeep 4WD and you can find another place called Seruni point. but the last place to get the result of the scene is in the middle. And you will find warung kopi.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kawah Ijen & Mount Bromo - Tour vs Going Solo

Hi Claire,

We will be there end of this month. I agree on the cost; transportation/tours would be cheaper when shared by a group.

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kawah Ijen & Mount Bromo - Tour vs Going Solo

Yeah, seems like the best way is really to get a jeep. Thanks for the info!

Reply to: Kawah Ijen & Mount Bromo - Tour vs Going Solo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted