We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport around surabaya

Quezon City...
3 posts
Save Topic
Transport around surabaya

Hello everyone! I will be in Surabaya next week to attend a conference in Airlangga University. I'm wondering what is the cheapest yet most efficient mode of transport from Jalan Kedungdoro to Airlangga? are there buses that ply this route? I don't mind walking less than 1km from one stop another but 4.4 km is just too far. Thank you :)

Mentioned in this post
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
1. Re: Transport around surabaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 23:21
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport around surabaya

Agree with taking Gojek.

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
13 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport around surabaya

Hi Mark! I'd recommend taking taxi, as the public transport in Surabaya is inconvenient and not really safe. I live in Surabaya and have never taken the bus or other public transports. Also, be careful in selecting taxi too. I'd recommend taking Blue Bird group, they're reliable.

Mentioned in this post
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Quezon City...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport around surabaya

thanks. but how much do taxis charge? my hostel is 4.4 kms away. I really can't spend more than 3$ per trip. how about mini-buses or becaks?

I'm from Manila and have been to other Southeast Asian cities, I wonder if Surabaya has worse or better transportation than Manila, Phnom Penh or Hanoi.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport around surabaya

Public transport is worst..I'm living in here.

Taxis fare idr 5k/ km, and the minimum fare are idr 50k one way.

Bluebird or orange is the best..try bluebird

Surabaya
Level Contributor
48 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport around surabaya

HI! Welcome to Surabaya! I highly recommend you to take taxi. Its the most comfortable yet still affordable. From Kedungdoro to Airlangga, the taxi will cost you around Rp 15.000 (the minimal fare) until Rp 20.000. You can also walk and spend 15-20 minutes to go there.

Mentioned in this post
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
7. Re: Transport around surabaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2016, 12:16