We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surabaya-Mount Ijen-Mount Bromo-Surabaya Cost

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Surabaya-Mount Ijen-Mount Bromo-Surabaya Cost

Hi all, just want seek your opinions. i was quoted for 2 pax private tour (including entrance tix, accomodation at ketaphang indah & lava view, blue flame tour, madakaripura waterfall) for about IDR6,500k. Is this okay? I understand i dont need a guide, but i think a guide is part of all the quotations?

Im wondering if i were to book my own private transport and reach my accomodations, then get the jeeps. Whats the chances i get to share with people? Understand a jeep cost about IDR600k at mount ijen and IDR 500k at mount bromo?

Thanks for your inputs. Its from 23rd to 25th sep. Thank you!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Surabaya-Mount Ijen-Mount Bromo-Surabaya Cost

Dear TripAdvisor moderator, I don't understand why you keep removing my post. I'm not in tourism related business and is clearly sharing my experience with the fellow Travellers. Aren't we allowed to recommend / warn people of good and bad services? Makes me wonder, does the moderator of this area has a share in some business here.

Italy
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Surabaya-Mount Ijen-Mount Bromo-Surabaya Cost

What are the chances of finding other people to join a tour with? Is this possible?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Surabaya-Mount Ijen-Mount Bromo-Surabaya Cost

There's quite a number of tour agency along the Sosrowijayan Street (one of the few streets that branches off from Malioboro). You may pop in and join the tour.

Italy
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Surabaya-Mount Ijen-Mount Bromo-Surabaya Cost

I've been told that many of those tour agencies are not exactly trustworthy. Would you be able to recommend a particular one?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Surabaya-Mount Ijen-Mount Bromo-Surabaya Cost

Hi Michael,

Do you plan to take the tour to Bromo/Ijen from Yogyakarta? Many of the travel agent there will sub-contract the trip. You will be put in a van with other travelers from other travel agents & drop you off at Probolinggo - most likely to be transferred to the notorious Mahkota Tour in Probolinggo. Search "Mahkota Tour" in the forum and you'll know. One discussion about it here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1144644-i19952-k7…

The safest bet would be going to Malang or Surabaya by train, then take a tour from there. In Malang, for example you can contact Helios tour in Helios Hotel, they arrange their own regular tour to Bromo.

Mentioned in this post
Yogyakarta
Yogyakarta
Java, Indonesia
Probolinggo
Probolinggo
East Java, Indonesia
Malang
Malang
East Java, Indonesia
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Helios Hotel
Helios Hotel
106 Reviews
Malang, Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Surabaya-Mount Ijen-Mount Bromo-Surabaya Cost

@Michael W, you can try asking if any of your friends is keen in the trip or you can find fellow solo travellers who might be travelling the same period.

@rootheworld what were you trying to post? some people here can be quite irritating they keep reporting your posts to get the admin removed.

Have you been yet? What other info do you need?

Italy
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Surabaya-Mount Ijen-Mount Bromo-Surabaya Cost

Thanks for that Radjaff,

That's the kind of shenanigans I'd heard about. If I do decide to go, then I guess I'll go via Surabaya/Malang instead. It would be in late December/early January when the weather's not the best, so might just skip it altogether.

Mentioned in this post
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Malang
Malang
East Java, Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Surabaya-Mount Ijen-Mount Bromo-Surabaya Cost

Hi Michael, based on my research, most people either choose to do via public or private transport right from the start.

For public transport, you then may share jeep to go Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen. I understand some accomodation (e.g. Permata Indah Permai at ijen) may help you to arrange.

I go via private transport. I will not say its tour as its just the driver and no guide. If you need there's a handful of them such as java tour holiday, pepe tour and sunrise tour. Just google for their reviews.

Mentioned in this post
Mount Bromo
Mount Bromo
2,171 Reviews
Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park, Indonesia
Java
Java
Indonesia
Bintan Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Surabaya-Mount Ijen-Mount Bromo-Surabaya Cost

hi, are you sure that there are shuttle bus schedule Daily from Bromo to Ijen and can be ordered in SM Bromo Hotel? because we are planning to go to Ijen too after Bromo.

mmm

Mentioned in this post
SM Bromo Hotel
SM Bromo Hotel
62 Reviews
Probolinggo, Indonesia
30. Re: Surabaya-Mount Ijen-Mount Bromo-Surabaya Cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2016, 13:17