We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schedule pata bus from Surabaya to banyuwangi

2 posts
Save Topic
Schedule pata bus from Surabaya to banyuwangi

Good morning,

Anybody could you help me please?

I arrive to surabaya airport at 16:00 pm and I don't know the schedule of the bus pata express direct to banyuwangi, I don't find any web in English . Any body knows where I can see the schedule ?

Thank you,

Jen

Probolinggo...
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schedule pata bus from Surabaya to banyuwangi

Hi Jen,

Try looking at Bromo Backpacker in English

Best Regards

BP_2015 ( Bromo Jeep 4x4WD Club )

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schedule pata bus from Surabaya to banyuwangi

Hi,

PATAS bus is available until around 10 pm, the departure frequency is around every 30 minutes. However most passengers are usually end their journey in Jember, so when the number of passengers from Jember to Banyuwangi is too small the bus conductor usually will move you to another bus from Jember to Banyuwangi.

There are 2 routes: through north (Surabaya-Situbondo-Ketapang) and south (Surabaya-Jember-Banyuwangi). If you take the north route, the journey ends at Ketapang harbor about 30 minutes from Banyuwangi city. You have to take public minibus to go to Banyuwangi from Ketapang. If you take south route, the journey ends at Banyuwangi city. However the risk of taking south route is that you will be dropped off at Jember and have to find a bus from Jember to Banyuwangi.

Another option if PATAS is not available is taking night bus/executive bus heading to Denpasar. You will be dropped off at Ketapang harbor. The bus condition is much better but it's more expensive then taking PATAS bus. Executive bus from Surabaya to Denpasar is leaving around 5-7 pm.

Mentioned in this post
Banyuwangi
Banyuwangi
East Java, Indonesia
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Denpasar
Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schedule pata bus from Surabaya to banyuwangi

I recommend take the executive bus also because this is direct and more comfortable. As above, if late afternoon or evening bus sometime not go direct Surabaya to Banyuwangi, you change sometime 2 times(Surabaya change in Probolinggo change in Situbondo to Banyuwangi total 3 buses) and may take 10-12 hours include waiting time.

Mentioned in this post
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Banyuwangi
Banyuwangi
East Java, Indonesia
Probolinggo
Probolinggo
East Java, Indonesia
4. Re: Schedule pata bus from Surabaya to banyuwangi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2016, 13:18