We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis from Polonia Airport Tip

Which Medan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis from Polonia Airport Tip

iI want to share a cheaper way from Polonia airport by taxi.

The alternative to taking the more expensive and more run down official airport taxis is to walk out of the airport through its main gate. Across the roundabout you will notice a Pertamina gasoline station. Right in front of the adjacent KFC you will find the very reliable Bkuebird taxis.

There is a Bluebird taxi dispatcher who will handout number in case there is a line of people waiting. For this service they charge 5,000 Rupiahs. The taxis will all use their meters and it will come out way cheaper this way.

Do not get lured into the airport taxis by the many hecklers waiting at the arrival exit. You will most certainly be riooed off.

Q

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis from Polonia Airport Tip

Sorry for the many typos. Still trying to get the hang of using a cellphone with TA.

Q

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis from Polonia Airport Tip

Thanks I will be going there. I hope this find me useful.

Hykel

Medan
Level Contributor
963 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis from Polonia Airport Tip

hmmm....now it baffled me why i never share this tips here.....

btw its a petronas gas station not pertamina and the gas station is out of business and no longer operate. but the bluebird station is still there like q-cuppster said.

bluebird is a jakarta based taxi company that has just recently come into medan, and absolutely kill all other medan taxi company, its the no 1 choice of taxi by everyone here...their reputation is solid

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis from Polonia Airport Tip

Hi,

Personally I feel sorry for all the Medan taxi drivers who are trying to eek out a living to support their families and then a huge company like Blue Bird turns up and makes their lives even harder.

I met a lovely taxi driver who speaks English at Medan airport - did not get to use him because a friend was picking me up.

However I have recommended him to many travellers and had his photo up until webshots photos decided to pull the plug and replace with another site that is not viable for me.

Pamela.

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis from Polonia Airport Tip

Hi Pamela, I know what you mean. It is just that Bluebird's service is way better and the taxis are newer. I always had nice conversations with their taxidrivers. They are very accommodating.

I hope other taxi companies will follow their example and create a healthy competition and upgrade their cars.

Q

6. Re: Taxis from Polonia Airport Tip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 14:18