We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorbike Rental

Which Medan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
70 posts
476 reviews
Save Topic
Motorbike Rental

Hello there,

Does anyone know where can I rent a motorbike in Medan and how much will it be per day?

Thz!

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorbike Rental

Hello Josh, I have unsuccessfully tried to rent a motorcycle in Medan and so have some of my friends. It is not like in tourist areas like Bali or Jogja.

It may be possible to rent a bike from a private person but that is a bit tricky if you don't know anyone in Medan.

Medan
Level Contributor
963 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorbike Rental

yes, i would say there are no official bike rental place in medan. you can try ask from the car rental place to see if they can figure something for you

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorbike Rental

I had the same idea before but unfortunately that did not help. Car rentals just rent out cars. But who knows. Someone might get lucky.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
70 posts
476 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorbike Rental

Thanz guys for your reply...

So any advice on getting around Medan, Bukit Lawang, Sipiso Piso, Berastagi, Lake Toba, Gunung Sibayak or Sinabung

I'm a budget traveler...

5. Re: Motorbike Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 March 2013, 01:05
Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motorbike Rental

There are several ways to go around. From the terminal Pinang Baris you can take a bus to Bukid Lawang that will cost you around 80,000 IDR one way. To Parapat you can either take a bus from the Amplas terminal or get a seat in one of the vans going there.

Same is true for Berastagi. There are small buses going up there. Not my favorite transport, though. Especially when your legs are long.

Within the city I would recommend to either take a becak that you can hail everywhere or taxis. The latter would be more expensive if you wish to discover bigger parts of Medan.

The cheapest is the use of the Angkots that ply many routes within the city. But you will spend more money on deodorant than on the fares. It is very hot inside.

Again, I would be extremely careful using private persons offering their service.

I hope this helps.

Q

Medan
Level Contributor
963 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Motorbike Rental

or maybe you can take up johny ketambe's offer......just kidding

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Motorbike Rental

Haha. What offer? Is he still around? Tsk, was counting on your magic, artemio. :)

Pekanbaru, Indonesia
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Motorbike Rental

in Medan, its harder to rent a motor bike than a car,

because people have motor bike as personal vehicle,

but you can find many of car rent outlet with average 300.000 rupiahs (30 US dollars) per day...

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
70 posts
476 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Motorbike Rental

I just came back from my trip to Medan and I want to say that I'd rented from

www.rentalmotormedan.com

I'd called the hp number from my country about 2 days before I needed it. Being able to speak Bahasa Indonesia helps.

When I'd arrived in Medan, I told them to send to my guesthouse near Masjid Raya which they did. In all my travels and renting motorbikes, I'd never come across one which provides a raincoat with it, which this one did and quite a good quality one at that.

After using for the agreed one week, I called them to pick it up from my guesthouse. I told them I'll pay them some money to send me to the airport when they come to pick up the bike. The guy was generous and mentioned that it was near the airport and would send me there for free.

Needless to say, I was very impressed. I'm not affiliated to them in anyway and would highly recommend them to anyone wishing to rent a bike to Medan.

btw, I took the bike to Berastagi, Sipiso piso, via Sidikalang to Pangururan and into Samosir, cross the ferry to Parapat, Siantar, Tebing Tinggi and back to Medan all in 1 week.

Cheers!