We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ben Gurion to Nazareth at night.

Sacramento...
2 posts
Ben Gurion to Nazareth at night.

This May, My wife and I will be flying into Ben Gurion at 21:50 (9:50 pm) and need to get to Nazareth that night. We are using a border crossing service from Abraham Tours to get us from Nazareth to Amman. It departs at 8:40 from the next morning from Nazareth. What is the best way to get from Ben Gurion to Nazareth?

I have seen comments about a train to Haifa, then a bus to Nazareth. Is this the cheapest option? I didn't see any sheruts or direct bus routes that operate that late.

Hertz rental car would be about $70 to pick up that night and drop it off next morning.

I can't find the taxi rate either.

We will be re-entering Israel via Eilat/Aqaba and picking up our main rental car after 3 nights in Jordan. Then Back to Jerusalem for two weeks.

I know it isn't the ideal scenario, but our circumstances aren't very flexible.

Thank you all!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,818 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Ben Gurion to Nazareth at night.

With all due respect, have you looked at a map and compared where Ben Gurian, Amman and Nazareth are located. Flying from the West Coast of the US, then schlepping to Nazareth and continuing to Jordan in a super circuitous route is going to leave you to jet lagged and exhausted to do or see anything.

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Ben Gurion to Nazareth at night.

What I don't understand is why you need someone's border cross service??

Crossing the border is a simple and easy and you can do it on your own.

If I were you i would book that night in Tiberias, rent a car and drive from the airport to the hotel, return the car the next morning in Tiberias and take a taxi to the border cross.

I understand your wish to cut expenses here, however, taking into consideration your arrival time, public transportation in not optional here.

If you still want to get to Nazareth, then your only option is with a taxi.

The official price for the ride to Nazareth 2 people with 2 luggage pieces is 687NIS that are around $185.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,977 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Ben Gurion to Nazareth at night.

If your plane lands at 21:50 you won't get out of the airport until 23:00. It is about two hrs to Nazareth so you will arrive around 1 AM. Since you are leaving Nazareth at 8:40 the following morning you will obviously not be able to see anything there, so the obvious question is - why Nazareth.

Better options are to go to Jerusalem and then enter Jordan the following morning at the Allenby Bridge (you will have to obtain a visa in advance) or go to Tel-Aviv and fly to Eilat the following morning and cross into Jordan there.

The best open would be to buy an "open jaw" ticket - fly to Amman and return from Tel-Aviv.

Sacramento...
2 posts
4. Re: Ben Gurion to Nazareth at night.

Nazareth is the only spot where they do the border crossing service. Its not ideal and I wouldnt mind just going to Jerusalem. If we have the Jordan pass will we still need to get a visa at the allenby bridge?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,487 posts
5. Re: Ben Gurion to Nazareth at night.

<< I didn't see any sheruts or direct bus routes that operate that late.>>

There is no direct bus from the airport to Nazareth at any time, so the fact that it's late at night is irrelevant. And likewise to Tiberias, there's nothing direct at any time.

If you want to go to Amman, why are you flying to Ben-Gurion (Tel Aviv) and giving yourself all this trouble?

You cannot get a visa at the Allenby Bridge. If you plan on crossing there you must get your Jordanian visa in advance, in your home crossing. I would suggest you do that, then go from the airport to Jerusalem using the Nesher shuttle (10-seater minibuses that leave when they are full, and they fill up quickly), spend the night in Jerusalem, and the next morning cross into Jordan at the Allenby Bridge. There are shared taxis from Jerusalem to the bridge.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,977 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Ben Gurion to Nazareth at night.

Another obvious question: if your vacation is 2.5 weeks in total, why do you have to go to Jordan on the first day ?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,487 posts
7. Re: Ben Gurion to Nazareth at night.

Typo in my post: in case it's not obvious, I meant you must get your Jordanian visa in your home *country*!

Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,979 posts
322 reviews
8. Re: Ben Gurion to Nazareth at night.

It appears the OP is trying to save money. But one must remember that less expensive always costs more in time and money.

Chana

Israel

9. Re: Ben Gurion to Nazareth at night.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2018, 14:19