We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beau Vallon beaches in April

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
20 posts
Beau Vallon beaches in April

Hi Guys

We are planning of visiting Seychelles in April 2019, last time we've been to Seychelles was at December 2015 and we stayed in a Hotel on the beau vallon area, during our stay, the sea water on the beach was not calm and far from flat, on the other hand, on the other side of the Island, the sea was flat as a postcard, the local tour guide that we took told us it depends at the time of year, so my question is, what should I expect when coming in April, will the sea on beau vallon will be calmer? (last time it was even hard to get into the water...)

Thanks in advance.

Eden

4 replies to this topic
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,521 posts
418 reviews
1. Re: Beau Vallon beaches in April

Hi Eden,

Welcome back to the forum!

I have stayed in Beau Vallon during April and the beach was wonderful, the ocean crystal clear and calm. I advise you to go for Beau Vallon during April. Beau Vallon is affected by north-western monsoon during December but on April things changed and the island starts to be affected by the souh-east monsoon.

Miki

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
20 posts
2. Re: Beau Vallon beaches in April

Hi Miki

Thanks for your answer.

One more issue that bothers me is the travelling to other islands by both. Last trip in December, weve tried travelling to La digue from Mahe, but the water was so bad on the way that almost everyone on the Jetty puked... including my 3 years old. We had to stop in Praslin and return to Mahe without visiting La Digue.

Do you think April weather will solve this problem as well and well be able to travell calmly with our daughters to other islands?

Thanks

Eden

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,521 posts
418 reviews
3. Re: Beau Vallon beaches in April

The ocean crossing should be much better on April since the ocean is much more calm. Of course storms can appear at any time of the year but it is unlikely to experience an ocean worse than December. You will feel much better on the ferry during April.

Miki

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
20 posts
4. Re: Beau Vallon beaches in April

Thanks Miki!

Reply to: Beau Vallon beaches in April
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted