We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from don sak pier to airport

Which Surat Thani hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Traverse city
11 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from don sak pier to airport

We have a 4pm flight back to Bangkok on weds . We want to leave ko Phangan on 11am ferry. Are there avail taxi at Don sak Pier that will take us all the way to the airport? Cost ?

(guessing we will not be able to line up time for a bus transfer and make flight)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from don sak pier to airport

Almost certainly, but for a small fee an agent on Phangan can book it for you - get a contact phone number for the taxi.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,338 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from don sak pier to airport

If you catch the Lomprayah Ferry (the fastest ferry option), you can get a transfer to the airport included for 700 Baht, however, the times are not so convenient and you would have to leave KP at 7.15 which gets to the airport at 10.30am.

Helsinki, Finland
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from don sak pier to airport

We also have flight from surat to BKK 15.55 PM and also thinking what would be the best way to go airport .. Raja ferry will arrive Don Sak 13.30PM and Airasia check in desk close 15.10PM. So we have about 1 and half hour to reach airport, is it enough?

Our flight is 26.3.2012,and if someone will do this before us, please inform about it

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from don sak pier to airport

This is great info for me too as I just boked a flight from ST airport to KL in Jan.....so thanks guys for this info :-)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,338 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from don sak pier to airport

phanganfreak, presuming the Raja Ferry arrives on time (not always the case) then you will have about 1 1/2 hours from Don Sak to the airport so you will be be pushing it if things run late. I would suggest getting an earlier ferry with either Lomprayah, Seatran or Songserm.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from don sak pier to airport

I'm traveling to Koh Samui / Koh Pangan late Aug to early Sept. Will arrive at Surat Thani.

I read that Lomprayah is the best option since it has a service straight from the airport to the Koh Pangan so inbound isn't really the problem.

What I'm worried about is my outbound flight. My flight leaves 11:35am, since Lomprayah doesn't have an earlier schedule I decided to go with Raja Ferry and take the first ferry out which is 5:00am and arrives Donsak around 6:30am. Given that I have to be at the airport by 9:30am (2hrs for international flight) will I have enough time? Also, how can I get to Surat Thani Airport from Donsak Pier? Are there buses available and how much? Should I book in advance?

Thank you!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
19,050 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from don sak pier to airport

Hi,

Both Lomprayah and Raja have agents at the airport, no worries there. If you plan on leaving Koh Phangan at 05.00 do note that the journey to Donsak Pier takes 2.5 hours.

You will be able to buy combo tickets for both companies on either Koh Samui or Koh Phangan prior to returning to Surat Thani. I would be inclined to spend the night on the mainland and head to the airport in the morning.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from don sak pier to airport

Oh sorry, I'll be leaving Koh Samui to Donsak Pier 5:00am to catch my 11:30am flight to Kuala Lumpur. Is that enough time? Or do I need to spend the night as suggested?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,338 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from don sak pier to airport

Should be plenty of time 1 1/2 hours to Don Sak, another 1 1/2 hours to airport will make it only around 8am.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from don sak pier to airport

Thanks, Cass! You've been of great help with my travel planning. So far so good. Can't wait for Aug/Sept! :)

Get answers to your questions about Surat Thani