We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prívate Driver suggestions from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

1 post
Save Topic
Prívate Driver suggestions from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

Hello all-

We are looking for a private driver to take us from just outside Chiang Rai down to Chiang Mai- ideally we’d hire them for the day and stop along the way.

Do you have any suggestions? If so, please share! Contact information & pricing would be incredibly helpful!

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai Province, Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
4 replies to this topic
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,723 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prívate Driver suggestions from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

I have driven and also taken the bus. IMO there is not much to see to stop for on the trip.

If you get a driver it is a full long day. So it is about 7 hours driving plus stops.

I would think that , a driver would be look at a fee from 2500 baht. You could ask the people in the Hotel or guest house, they would have a cousin or a friend who would drive you.

Last time I drove back I stopped for snack and a coffee. The Fist class bus does stop and road side place for about 20 mins

Chok Dee

Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prívate Driver suggestions from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

Check with Mr. Green who departs from just outside the city near the famous White Temple. VIP service 258 baht one way. Not much to see along the way, but a short rest stop is included.

greenbusthailand.com/website/…time-table

Mentioned in this post
Wat Rong Khun
Wat Rong Khun
6,516 Reviews
Chiang Rai, Thailand
Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prívate Driver suggestions from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

I got this driver in Chiang Rai recommended by a Tripadvisor reviewer, unfortunately I cannot find that posting anymore. The driver's name is Suphakrit, email is bsuphakrit072@gmail.com, he is based in Chiang Rai. He offers to be my driver when I will be in Chiang Rai in December 2018. He emailed me he charges 1000 THB a day. You got to ask him what is included, and like I said, I have no experience with his driving yet.

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prívate Driver suggestions from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

We used Jermsak to,drive us from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai. We stopped at Doi Suthep temple on the way out. We visited the White temple on arrival in Chang Rai and the next day spent a great day outdoors with him, hike, elephant ride, river boat ride with a BBQ lunch. Best two days ever. He is an excellent driver and guide. Just a wonderful person. His English is excellent and his price is very fair. His contact email is under the private guide list - in Chiang Rai- on the right side of the page. That is where his home is.

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai
Reply to: Prívate Driver suggestions from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted