We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with the mekok river

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
help with the mekok river

I got day free tomorrow at Chiang rai and I thought of taking trip for few hours in the mekok river ..

Few questions :

1. Where I should go to take the trip

2. Can I just go there and take it , or I should talk with booking agency b4 ?

Thx ahead !!!

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai Province, Thailand
Thailand
Level Contributor
203 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with the mekok river

No. Don't go to an agency. Just go to the boat depot on the northern side of Mah Fah Luang Bridge. Look it up on the map. Go there. It's easy and simple to get there.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with the mekok river

Thx , how much would coast a boat trip for 2-4 hours ?

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with the mekok river

Also , I can't find the boat depot/Mah Fah Luang Bridge on google ...what's the boat depot name / address? Should I just go there and ask for boat trip ?

Thxx !!

Thailand
Level Contributor
203 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with the mekok river

Ok, get a map. Find the Mae Fah Luang Bridge on it. Cross the bridge. The boat depot is on the other side: the northern side. You cannot miss it. The usual fare is 700 BAHT, regardless of whether there's just you or you and your five friends.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with the mekok river

You can easily just go to the boat launch and ask for a boat ride. You don't need to book ahead of time. If you have difficulty figuring out where it is ask someone in a hotel who speaks English to write it down in Thai for you and then give it to a tuk tuk driver.

As of June 2012 the fare was 600 baht per boat and the boat holds 6 people. 700 baht if you want a return trip, as the boat has to return without people so the cost for a return trip isn't much higher.

Good luck and have fun.

Broder

6. Re: help with the mekok river

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 14:16
;