We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad experince staying in MAYFLOWER GRANDE Hotel in Hatyai

Which Hat Yai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
KL
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bad experince staying in MAYFLOWER GRANDE Hotel in Hatyai

The service given is very very very poor. We stayed there for 3D2N on 23 sept, 2011 till 25 Sept, 2011. My hubby drank the complimentary water give to all the rooms and throw the glass bottle into the dustbin. We are unaware that they will charge 20 baht for the empty bottle. There is no notice stick in the room that we cannot throw away the empty bottle.

Even the housekeeping is also very rude. I order extra pillow for my room and when they deliver the pillow they will first knock then when I've not reach the door they use their master key to open the door. Where is our privacy? Can they do that? The suppose need to wait till the guest open the door not open and come in themself. I experience this a few times when i requested things from them.

The beds in the room are not clean either. I think there are bed bugs as my kids are bitten my something when they woke up. I notice red patches on their hands and legs so do adults.

The most dangerous thing is the window are unlock. When i went and open the curtain and checked on the window the slide windown moved. I got a shock as I have 2 small kids in the room and we are staying at the 15 floor. Can you imagine the kids are so playful and they go and opened the window? When i called the front office they told me that "Sorry all the room same". I paid almost 1000 baht for a room with such a bad service?

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bad experince staying in MAYFLOWER GRANDE Hotel in Hatyai

i think they use the bottle again to re-fill with water,(probably from the tap) you threw it away, so you were charged a staggering 20bht ,i would lodge a complaint with the thai tourist board if i were you, you may be able to get a refund

i agree regarding the housekeeping, that is very rude , you should have wedged a chair against the door to stop them entering, or balenced a bucket of water on top of the door so that they got wet when barging in

the bed bugs are normally charged extra , 20bht each

windows-- you should report that to the health &safety department of thailand asap

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,528 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bad experince staying in MAYFLOWER GRANDE Hotel in Hatyai

Hi,

A couple of issues here...

As to the glass bottles.. Here in Thailand (and I suspect in many other similar countries) the bottles are in fact recycled-- being collected by the beverage distributor, cleaned and re-filled with product.. The largest such operator is Singha bottlers and they do run a very common bottle refill system..

So to that end, I can see the charge for removing/disposing/destroying one of the refillable bottles... BUT... I do also cede your issues-- being that the hotel should put some type of notice about this..

A few hotels that I've stayed at-- that has the same process-- had a small sign at/on or near the bottles that effectively said "don't throw away or remove from room".. So your point about being charged without notice I do think is valid.

The issue of housekeeping coming in with their master key I do think is understandable.. To a point, it's not practical in most cases for the staff to leave your requested items outside your room if you're not in, nor would I expect the hotel staff to come back later..

I'd say that **if** the hotel provided you with some form of a 'do not disturb' sign or similar, and assuming you did not use it, so long as they knocked first before coming in, I'd see no major issues with them entering via their master key...

The bed bugs issue is a bit harder, as you don't really know if the bugs where in the bed before you got there-- a possibility.. or if you brought them in yourself.. both are possibilities.. I would say that if I notified the hotel about this concern, that they would either exchange out all the bedding, or look for some other stop-gap solution.

The window issue I agree is dangerous.. but.. I also know that unfortunately here in Thailand the notion of safety measures; like window locks and such, are not as prevalent as one might hope or expect. So to that end, I can agree that it's an issue the hotel might want to address going forward.

Travel Safe,

Edited: 29 September 2011, 17:28
3. Re: Bad experince staying in MAYFLOWER GRANDE Hotel in Hatyai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 October 2011, 12:17
malaysia
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bad experince staying in MAYFLOWER GRANDE Hotel in Hatyai

Good feedback. Helps me see things from another perspective when I stay in hotels.

5. Re: Bad experince staying in MAYFLOWER GRANDE Hotel in Hatyai

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 December 2011, 16:40
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bad experince staying in MAYFLOWER GRANDE Hotel in Hatyai

You should post a review in the hotel section here on TA

Taoyuan, Taiwan
Level Contributor
88 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bad experince staying in MAYFLOWER GRANDE Hotel in Hatyai

My husband and I stayed in Maytower Grande hotel early this year. The room is quite modern and bed is comfortable. We saw something unpleasant during our stay first was I found a used condom in the bathroom( behind the toilet) second was we saw a couple of old and fat western men with young Thai women. The men was around 60 but the women was in early 20, they were in the sofa by the lobby and they were very "close" the hotel did nothing(or they used to it?) well, this is none of my business but it just disgusting to see a men can be their father cuddle and kiss in a public area. I suppose this is very common in Thailand.

Chrella, I want to write a review but I couldn't because this hotel is not in the hotel review list yet.

usa
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bad experince staying in MAYFLOWER GRANDE Hotel in Hatyai

not sure if there is a law about older men with younger ladies,nor older ladies with younger men,as long as everyone is adults i cant see why this is an issue,my husband is 15 years younger than me but having 6 childern i do look about 30 years older than him.i hope people dont think we are a odd couple,if the hotels where to police and discriminate against age i think that would be a bigger issue

9. Re: Bad experince staying in MAYFLOWER GRANDE Hotel in Hatyai

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 December 2011, 04:35
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,528 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bad experince staying in MAYFLOWER GRANDE Hotel in Hatyai

Hi,

ezperia e,

"I want to write a review but I couldn't because this hotel is not in the hotel review list yet."

I appears that it is now listed. The first review is dated 11OCT11, which as I recall is the date the review is approved/posted by TA.. So it's open and available for you to write your review.

TA:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293917-d173860…

Travel Safe,