We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mini van or bus from hat yai to phuket

Which Hat Yai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mini van or bus from hat yai to phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2016, 07:30

46 replies to this topic
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,340 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mini van or bus from hat yai to phuket

Yes, it's safe I guess, although you can never tell what 'crazy terrorists' might get up to next!

There are mini vans doing this journey and you will be able to book once in Hat Yai.

Luang Prabang, Laos
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mini van or bus from hat yai to phuket

I would think a VIP bus would be considerably more comfortable between the two giiven the distance. I've taken the shared vans before between Pak Bara and Hat Yai before as well from Krabi to Trang and the VIP buses are a lot more comfortable with AC. Shouldn't be a problem booking after arrival in Hat Yai.

Pg
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mini van or bus from hat yai to phuket

it is safer this stretch of road, so far no incidence occurred.

The coach or VIP bus is easy to arrange from most of the travel agency in the town center.

Cheers

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mini van or bus from hat yai to phuket

We just took a bus trip from Hat Yai to Phuket during christmas eve. We took a tuk tuk (THB 20 per pax) to Hat Yai Bus Terminal. When you reach there, there will be touts approaching you but always buy directly from the ticket counter. There are various ticket counters but note that the cheapest ticket - 2nd Class THB267 (double decker, 4 seats across) to Phuket will make more than 10 stops along the way (took us 9 hours to each phuket). So if you have time and want the cheapest ticket, this is your best bet. Departure time are 8, 8.30, 9.30, 10.30, 11.45, 13:00, 18.00, 19.30 (VIP). Choose a 1st Class-THB344 which is single deck, 4 seats across. The journey should be faster at about 7-7.5 hours with less stops. For luxury class, there is a VIP bus THB535.

We bought the tickets on christmas eve morning (Saturday) so I think there is no problem arriving there and then make the booking.

Udon Thani, Thailand
Level Contributor
26 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mini van or bus from hat yai to phuket

Great, going from Hat Yai in June to Phuket, the train from Butterworth arrives at 18.30h, I guess the best would be to stay in Hat Yai for the night and take a bus in the morning? What is your suggestion?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mini van or bus from hat yai to phuket

Us the VIP bus, much better

Tgsa - Stay overnight in Hat Yai and take a bus in the morning , always better + add in that is rainy season around Phuket so daytime so much better.

I am adding this 'just in case ' but Firefly do direct flights from Penang to Phuket, do not know if days suit plans.

Edited: 27 March 2012, 03:36
7. Re: Mini van or bus from hat yai to phuket

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Johor Bahru...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Mini van or bus from hat yai to phuket

hi madulembu, may i know how much it cost per van from hatyai to phuket?

9. Re: Mini van or bus from hat yai to phuket

Mataram, Indonesia
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mini van or bus from hat yai to phuket

would u please inform the phone number/contact person for making a reservation in advance for the bus ^^

thanks a lot

Reply to: Mini van or bus from hat yai to phuket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted