We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street Food in Krabi

Paris, France
Level Contributor
750 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Street Food in Krabi

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could please tell me about the street food in krabi? Where to go? What selection of food is there? How much? Also we are staying at the sofitel in nong thale which i understand is a reasonable distance from town. What would be the best and cheapest mode of transport for a family of 5 ( 3 children aged 3,8,11). Does the street food operate every night of the week? or only on certain nights.

Any insight and advice into this would be lovely. Thank you in advance..

Angela

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,529 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Street Food in Krabi

Hi,

In Krabi town there is a night food market close to the Kong Ka pier. Lots of different types of food. What I remember most are the delicious fried noodles. Since it is popular with foreign visitors menus can be found in English. To the best of my knowledge it is open daily and it is cheap, how much in Oz dollars I don't know.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
107 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Street Food in Krabi

There is plenty of street food around Krabi. I've lived here for 9 months and I eat daily from street vendors and markets (which I have done since I arrived) and I haven't had a problem with my stomach. Seafood, chicken, rice are the staples, there are lots of stick foods as well. Most of the sticks are 10B (30c AU), and other bits and pieces go up to about 60B ($2 AU) maximum. You can find street foods everywhere - a lot of street corners have vendors, and all of the markets have them. There is a great market Wednesday afternoons in Ao Nang from about 3:30PM til 6:30PM which has a great selection. The market mentioned above in Krabi Town is really good, as is "Walking Street" Night Market in Krabi Town which is on Friday to Sunday nights.

Cheapest form of transport would be to hire 2 motor scooters (about $6-8AU each per day). The Sofitel is a way out from most stuff. Taxi trips to most places from there would be about $15AU each way. Or you could hire a car for about $40-50AU per day.

I hope that helps.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
107 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Street Food in Krabi

Also, there is a video I made here at a market, when I was buying street food, which might give you a bit better insight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgbD_vqZDg4

4. Re: Street Food in Krabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 15:16