We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalkan for Honeymoon 2014

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
D L
UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Kalkan for Honeymoon 2014

We have decided to have our honeymoon in the Kalkan area in June 2014. We are talking to Exclusive Escapes, who though pricey, seem to have some stunning villas for honeymooners. Before signing on the dotted line I wonderd if anyone could comment on the villa we are interested in?

The villa can be viewed at:

exclusiveescapes.co.uk/properties/…1

Has anyone stayed here? If so can you comment on the privacy it affords? Any other tips in regards to this villa?

Also would appreciate some recent feedback on Exclusive Escapes, how have your trips gone?

Thanks in advance!

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalkan for Honeymoon 2014

The villa looks gorgeous but if I was you, I would check with EE about whether there are other villas nearby as I can't imagine a one bedroom villa has been built in the mountains by itself, with nothing else around it.

From the photo's the villa looks a good way from Kalkan and the write up says 20 minutes - I would imagine that's by car which is quite far in a taxi if you were wanting to have a drink. But you are on your honeymoon so you may want to be away from it all!

Have a great time where ever you choose.

D L
UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalkan for Honeymoon 2014

Thanks. Privacy is paramount. I had assumed from the description that it was VERY private but I will definitley ask EE. I know it is a ways from kalkan, but I don't suppose we will actually leave our villa very often:)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,973 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalkan for Honeymoon 2014

Also ask about Villa Security, particularly if this place is isolated. There has been a spate of break in's in the Kalkan area recently. So ask if the Villa has security bars on windows and if there is a safe and a burglar alarm and remember not to leave any doors or windows open when you go out and always keep valuables in the safe.

I don't want to worry you on your honeymoon, but at this special time, sometimes you don't think about security.

There is a telephone number for the Turkish Tourist Police it's 179 it's open 24/7 and they do speak English.

I am sure you will have no worries, but it's best to know these things.

Edited: 25 July 2013, 16:47
Wiltshire, England
Level Contributor
96 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalkan for Honeymoon 2014

It looks truly spectacular!

When visiting Kalkan, we often drive up to the Islamar (It looks as though the property is situated in that area). I would have no worries about privacy as many properties up there are situated literally on their own.

One thing I would say is that it is a fairly steep and winding road and if you like to dine out and have a few drinks, obviously not ideal. However, you do say you will want to mainly stay at the property so that should not be a problem for you. There are a few lovely restaurants scattered up in Islamar itself.

Views are wonderful from up there. Good Luck!

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
740 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalkan for Honeymoon 2014

EE do have some great villas ... we have used them several times in the past, since then we went independant and ending up buying our own place.

Suggestion.. you need to book ahead but a few companies will come to your villa and cook for you. I have no connection to www.chefsathomekalkan.com but recent guests to our villa used them and gave a fab review. but also do get a taxi into town and try a few places.

6. Re: Kalkan for Honeymoon 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan
Recent Conversations