We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kusadasi Excursions

UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Kusadasi Excursions

Hi,

We are a young couple (21 & 24) looking at booking Kusadasi for 1 week in August. Please can somebody let me know of any great excursions we could do?

Izmir, Turkey
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kusadasi Excursions

Hi;

you can visit these areas. Ephesus,The House of Virgin Mary ,Temple of Artemis,Ephesus Museum, Basilica of St.John , Pamukkale ,Aqua Fantasy.

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kusadasi Excursions

Have a look at top questions for activities in Kusadasi.

Excursions can be categorised.

History/Culture

Ephesus/ House of the Virgin Mary/Temple of Artemis

Pammukule

Many other ancient sites Priene etc but not so many excursions

Activities

Pony Trekking

Jeep or Quad Safari

Scuba Diving

Other Watersports (all)

Boat Trip

You can also DIY

Visit to National Park and Zeus Cave

Visit Davutlar and visit the hot water spa

Villages of Selcuk, Kirazli, Sirence

Visit Samos Greece by ferry

Tips

Buy all your excursions together, get more than one quote and use the excursions sellers (not taxi ranks), ask for a discount for buying more than one, (normally they through in a visit to a Hammam for free if you do this). Dont buy excursions in your hotel.

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kusadasi Excursions

Hi

I agree with all the above detailed advice.

I notice from your other posts that you may be undecided which turkish resort?. We have done Marmaris (Icmeler Marmaris palace) Kusadasi (Kustur Club) Fetiye (Majesty Cub Tuana) Bodrum ( Tropicano Bodrum Club, name has now changed?) and Altinkum ( Didim Beach). I have to say i think that Kusadasi is our favourite even though we also did the Marmaris Palace 3 times on our first 3 visits with our teenage son.

There is a buzz about Kusadasi with its long promenade and main port also plenty of bars cafe's and shops. The daily boat trip that leaves at 9.30 every day is a must if your sea legs are ok. It goes from pigeon island 100yds past the harbour cost £10 for a full day.

Across the road from the Kustur club where we have stayed 4 times there is a good disco called the havana. Definately worth a visit at the weekend.

Selcuk Market on a saturday is less in your face than the market in Kusadasi on a wednesday.

For a special meal away from the all inclusive try the Kalyon its the one with all the paper chinese lanterns outside and has all different kinds of food.

Whichever place you decide on you will have a great time.

A couple of good tips are take plenty of sun cream minimum factor 25 as it can cost £14 pound a bottle in resort.

Dont take more than 1 pair of long trousers you will melt as it can be 26 degs at night in august.

Dont get ripped off at the turkish airports for snacks and drinks they are very expensive and i am not exagerating.

Dave

UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kusadasi Excursions

Hi,

Thanks for the great advice everyone!

Looks like a holiday packed with fun for us then!

5. Re: Kusadasi Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2012, 13:20
Get answers to your questions about Kusadasi