We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kusadasi May 2011

dorset
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kusadasi May 2011

we are renting a private villa in Kusadasi at the end of May, does anyone know if its best to get your TL in Turkey or from the UK?, will euro's or GBP be accepted anywhere?, also where is the cheapest place to ire a car for a few days?

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kusadasi May 2011

You will always get a better exchange rate in Turkey than you do in the UK. Having said that, the exchange rate is particularly good at the moment, higher than it's been for years. I only wish I knew what it was going to do in the next few months!!

Euros and GBP will be accepted at most places - apart from the smaller shops where it will be handy for you to have TL.

Jak xx

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kusadasi May 2011

Top questions answers most of this.

But it is best to change pounds to lira and use lira in the resort, either at the exchange place near the post office or the bank. Good exchange rate at the moment. If you use sterling or euro in shops and restaurants the exchange rate is whatever the retailer decides, so i recommend lira

Kusadasi
Level Contributor
221 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kusadasi May 2011

Yes definately a better rate in the resort.

As for paying for goods, well it depends on what you are buying.

I have been coming to Kusadasi for 20 years, and live here now also....

I have always found that you can negotiate better paying in sterling, as the shop keepers then hold onto that money to get a better rate at some point.

I am talking about leather or gold etc, or a decent amount of goods purchased... not on a pack of ciggies or a few cd's.

4. Re: Kusadasi May 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2012, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Kusadasi
Recent Conversations