We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ticking the boxes

Fife
Level Contributor
129 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
ticking the boxes

Does Kusadasi tick the boxes for a relaxing family resort, providing a quiet resort as a base but with easy travelling distances to activities and some sites/waterpark etc. Base resort must have a good selection of good quality restaurants, thinking of a village with a central road and a path down to the sandy beach, which might have watersports and boat trips. Also catering for 5-7 year olds. Not looking for oldy world turkish (although that would be a bonus) but definitely need a turkish feel and want to steer clear of Britain in the sun!!!!!

Thinking more of pefkos in size and style up to a maximum of protaras in size for any of you who are familiar with these places.

Been to Gumbet many years ago and loved Turkey, but clearly thats not the sort of place I'm looking for this time round>

Cheers for any advice or recommendations.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ticking the boxes

Kusadasi isn't really what you are looking for, it is more along the lines of Gumbet so not small and quiet.

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
6,092 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ticking the boxes

Hi

Although Kusadasi is not as lively as Gumbet i dont think it would tick your boxes.

Icemeler and Kalkan may be good choices.

I have stayed at the marmaris palace 3 times which is between Marmaris and Icemeler and it is on the beach very relaxing, lovely 20 min stroll to Icemeler with nice restaurants and bars and a nice sandy beach.

I know a couple of people that go to Kalan every year for the kind of holiday you are looking for but it is not on level ground, a bit hilly.

Dave

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ticking the boxes

Look at Guzelcalmi which is close to Kusadasi but near to the Dilek National park

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ticking the boxes

www.kusadasi.biz/info/around/guzelcamli

Here's a link to more info

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ticking the boxes

Would recommend Cesme instead, smaller, quieter, much more of a Turkish feel than Kusadasi, or Bitez near Bodrum.

Fife
Level Contributor
129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ticking the boxes

looks like a good consensus view that this aint the place for us at present, thanks for the info

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ticking the boxes

totaly agree eastendpar. cant wait to see where you choose.personally I think you will go for Bitez or Calis,either would suit you.You can always do what we did .take the next few years visiting all the places that take your fancy.Its a lovely way to get to know this wonderfull country.When the children are a bit older please dont miss Capadocia,its such an adventure.Dont leave us all in suspence let us know where you book and we can start giving you tips.

Fife
Level Contributor
129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ticking the boxes

agree, plenty time to visit a range of places, and Turkey's big enough to avoid overlap of the same areas. Every holiday's different so looking to go to the right place at the right time as needs will change.

The more I'm finding out though some of our thoughts are changing a bit so we might pull a rabbit out of a hat for our final choice, that bears little resemblence to the original boxes we were trying to tick!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Re: ticking the boxes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2012, 22:19
Get answers to your questions about Kusadasi
Recent Conversations