We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Marmaris in April

London
Level Contributor
39 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Marmaris in April

I know this question was asked before - but many year ago and its slightly different.

Just wanted to know what the weather will be like in early April - the average weather sites say 21c

I understand it gets cold at night. But what about during the day?

Will I need a jacket during the day - especially for walk along the beach - is it particularly windy or breezy?

One thing to point out is that I am Asian and in the UK I usually find it colder than most of my white British colleagues / friends e.g. going at lunch in Spring they will be fine with just a shirt - but I will need my suit jacket...

6 replies to this topic
yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,458 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Marmaris in April

I'd personally not go that early in the season for a beach holiday. About 20degrees might be about right but with a good chance of rain and it being breezy it will feel much cooler... night time will be chilly so you would deffo need jumpers/jackets/jeans... not everything will be open so early and not all trips will be running. Matt

London
Level Contributor
39 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Marmaris in April

Thanks for the reply and advice.

I appreciate April is early - but I am not really going for a beach holiday.

I just wanted to go somewhere sunny and warm with easy access to halal food - need some sun really badly and cant wait till summer school hols...

We got a good deal at an all-inclusive we stayed at previously where the food was nice.

Don't plan to go in the see or pool (much) - just eat, rest, walks along the beach and taking it easy.

Edited: 18 March 2018, 19:02
yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,458 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Marmaris in April

In that case I'm sure you will have a great time. Have you considered Egypt or alanya region as the temps will be warmer with less chance of rain. Matt

Edited: 18 March 2018, 19:23
London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Marmaris in April

We were in Marmaris around 21st April in 2016 for 7 days and like others have mentioned temp. never really went higher than 20 degrees however during the day we found it very comfortable to walk around and enjoy the beach walks etc. In the evening the temp. dipped to around 13 -14 degrees so we just bought ourselves a couple designer /fake fleece jackets which made it bearable. Don't worry just go and enjoy you won't regret it .

We too manged to pick up a bargin at Club Aida with Thomson because it was early season.

Edited: 18 March 2018, 23:04
hull england
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
4,700 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Marmaris in April

We go late march early April every year this year included its very difficult to say we have had storms winds and warm sunshine

You will get your walks along the beachfront it,s never bad weather for weeks on end the sea and the pools will be to cold lol.But the resort will be welcoming and a few places will be open more so in the Siteler area were I guess your hotel will be.

Just be aware it will get chilly in the evenings I might even see you there

hullman

London
Level Contributor
39 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Marmaris in April

Thanks to everyone one who replied - sorry for not getting back sooner - I did not get any notifications...

Based on your replies we will take some light jackets and a jumper each - hopefully that should be enough.

All the best!

PS hullman - will keep an eye out for you ;)

Reply to: Weather in Marmaris in April
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris