We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tui/Thomson

Sunderland
Level Contributor
639 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Tui/Thomson

Hi

What's people's thoughts on tui? I've always flown with Thomas Cook but seen a holiday with tui. I've read a lot of comments about changing flight times/days and with allocated seats being a pain. I'm unsure what to do. My husband opinion is its a flight but I'm a worrier.

I am interested on what you guys think

Thanks in advance

Lyndsey

19 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tui/Thomson

I'm going with tui and my flights not changed

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
233 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tui/Thomson

To be honest they aren't much difference. You get slightly more leg room with tui i feel. Also with jet2.

Other than that we have used both tc and tui and except for the logo wouldn't really say there was a difference.

Thomas cook flight times have been a bit of a pain from Newcastle past few years tho.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
639 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tui/Thomson

Thanks. Personally I like Thomas Cook.First year was changed to avion express but that's way so to be fair. Its more I see them changing days and times of flights.

Both years we have been we had night flights.

We have opted again for night flights from Newcastle as I get a extra day compared to the day time flights.

Just unsure what to do. Have you prebooked seats with them? I normally do but I've heard you can't do it until 90 days before you go. My husband wants to take the risk and just wait till we check in

Thanks

Lyndsey

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
233 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tui/Thomson

We always book seats however I also would like to wait until check in. I'm not sure on the time scale of pre booking them, aslong as we are sitting together then the missus is happy.

We usually just go with whoever has the best deal. It's Thomas cook this year but I think this will be the first time in a few year with them with have been with tui lately. We go with jet2 later in the year but have To go to Leeds but we got a cracking deal.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
639 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tui/Thomson

Haha that's my husband. I'm happy as long as one of us is with our little girl. I always book seats but he said not too this year.

This is the cheapest I can find. Jet2 always seem expensive for me. I've tried from Scotland, Leeds and Manchester but they all the same to be fair. Glad you got a good deal though.

Prices are bit more this year. I missed out on a good deal for club Julian but I don't want to wait much more as the hotels I want are get fully booked

Lyndsey

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Julian Marmaris
Julian Marmaris
91 Reviews
Marmaris, Turkey
chehsire england
Level Contributor
233 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tui/Thomson

Hi there, We went with TUI last May; we had booked the year before. We chose the holiday because there were good day flight times....but this is TUI..dont hold your breath. Our flight was changed from one with an early departure arriving around midday to one eight hours later in the day. This meant we arrived at Dalaman around 22:00 hours, then with a 90 minute transfer it was just on midnight when we arrived at the hotel. That was the first day of our hols gone (bearing in mind the flight had been more expensive because of the good day timings). It also departed 8 hours later than we had planned meaning, again, that it was the early hours of the am before we got home. They refused a cancellation but offered a change of airport (that only had night flights anyway!), and then ultimately agreed to pay for a late check out, but would not acknowledge that the original flights had been substantially dearer.

Other than this I have found their flights good (relatively), but we always choose the extra space seats...the ones at the front in a block of about three rows. These are very comfortable, as long as your are prepared to pay for them.

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tui/Thomson

I’ve flown with both and never had a problem with either. Usually use TC as their prices seem to work out better for us, but would happily use Tui again if the price was right. You’ll read in the forums about people having flight times changing etc with both companies, but so far we’ve been lucky and this has never happened to us. Fingers crossed it won’t happen this year either!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
233 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tui/Thomson

Jet2 have a handy free child's place search which none of the others do. I agree jet2 have been quite expensive lately, we last went with them maybe 4 years ago.

With the child's place search we got 2 adults and a child for £720 to Antalya. This is from Leeds though, which tends to be where most of them are from because I think that is there home airport.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
stoke-on-trent
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tui/Thomson

Lyndsey.

I made the mistake of clicking the check in on line when I looked at our booking,it allocated us 3 seats, 2 together and 1 on the opposite side, so I didn't bother continuing, when we got to check-in they said they could not change them because of that, the lady advised us not to check in on line but to check-in at the airport that way she could have put us all together... I wont be doing it this year and besides the fact we had to queue for check in anyway... a lesson learned I think.

Gavin.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
639 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tui/Thomson

Thanks Gavin.

Really grateful of the tip.

Lyndsey

Reply to: Tui/Thomson
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted