We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jitney stop in Amagansett

San Diego...
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Jitney stop in Amagansett

I'm getting off at the jitney stop in Amagansett and wondering where I can hang out until the rest of my party arrives by car. I will be getting there at 8:30 am and they won't be there until early afternoon. Is this in a central location or will I need to take a cab somewhere?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,402 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jitney stop in Amagansett

It's a short walk into the center of the village where there are some shops and restaurants. Amagansett is pretty compact so not tons to do/see but if you have breakfast, read the paper or a book and have a look around, you should be fine. If it's good weather, the Amagansett Farmer's Market has outdoor tables and chairs where you can sit for as long as you like and that's almost across from the Jitney stop I think.

There would be a lot more to keep you busy in East Hampton. I wonder if you wouldn't be better getting out there. Many more shops and your friends with car would have to pass through there anyway assuming they're coming from the west (NYC or airports).

San Diego...
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jitney stop in Amagansett

So you suggest that I get off at East Hampton because there will be more to do there while I wait? Sounds like a good idea! What is near the jitney stop there? How far is east hampton from Amagansett? Is there public transportation between the two towns? Thanks for your help!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,402 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jitney stop in Amagansett

The Jitney stop in East Hampton is in front of the Huntting Inn which is at the beginning of the village. There are many more shops there and several restaurants along with a movie theater. You might try asking if you could leave your bags at the Huntting Inn. I don't know how accomodating they would be. Depending on the day of the week, the shops won't open until 9 or 10 but there are places to have breakfast. The closest place to the Jitney stop would be John Pappas coffee shop in the main parking lot. You'd cross the street after getting off the Jitney and walk into the parking lot. You'd see it on your right. It's not the prettiest spot but the food's ok. Or walk all the way diagonally through the parking lot and head to Babette's on Newtown Lane where there are outdoor tables and healthier food. You can see these places on maps.google.com

There is a bus that goes from EH to Amagansett, but since your friends will have to drive through East Hampton to get to Amagansett, I'd arrive to have them pick you up there.

The bus doesn't run very often.

http://www.sct-bus.org/schedules/10c.pdf

You could also take a taxi. Go to google maps to get an idea of distances. If you know the name and/or address of where you're going in Amagansett, put it in as your destination.

4. Re: Jitney stop in Amagansett

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Amagansett