We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

daytrip from BA

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
daytrip from BA

Hi- i am trying to book a ferry from Buenos Aires to Colonia forJan 2 2016, and I get nothing from the seacat or buquebus. Could it be that ferries are sold out 6 months in advance? Hard to believe. Any advice would be appreciated.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,783 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: daytrip from BA

They are surely not sold out at this time: possibly they are not yet posting ticket sales this far in advance.

Have you considered buying your tickets at the BQB office on Posadas, in Recoleta (or another office) when you get to BA ? Or, just try again in a few weeks. to buy them on line. But not to worry, unless you are very last minute, you will be able to get your tickets.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: daytrip from BA

thanks. even though it is a peak peak date - January 2nd, you think I will be ok?? I am on tour in Patagonia and have only 1 day at the end of my tour to do this day trip. Always wanted to come to Uruguay :)

Edited: 15 July 2015, 09:08
Colonia del...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: daytrip from BA

Booking in advance: I'm not sure what the deal is, but I have noticed that if it's in a different season (booking in low season for high season rates or vice versa), it is difficult to book (read: impossible). Perhaps the issue is that they don't have their schedules settled that far in advance. I would suggest returning back to this task in November.

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
520 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: daytrip from BA

From my own experience, recently I found out, that ticket are cheaper before they sell 50 % of the seats. But for january, they might not have put the tickets for sale yet. Try again in 1 or 2 months, I suggest.

Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
116 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: daytrip from BA

SuperTraveler,

Today, Buquebus is selling tickets until 17/dec, so I guess they start to sell about 120 days in advance. I think that if you try again in three weeks, you will get it.

Seacat seems to be already ok for your dates and Colonia Express seems to start to sell 45 days in advance...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: daytrip from BA

Perfect. Thanks for the info!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: daytrip from BA

Hello, I am back here. Now that the tickets are available on the website i have a question.

Buquebus roundtrip on Jan 2nd is 1030 ARS , 8:15 departure and 21:15 return on the same day

SeaCat roundtrip is 980 ARS - not sure what is the difference to Buquebus?

SeaCat Tour option (Adultos Turista Colonia con paseo guiado) is however 700 ARS

questions:

What's better Buquebus or SeaCat? Why would a tour cost less than a simple round trip ticket? What is the most reliable/safe? I need to fly back home on Jan 3rd in the evening, so definitely don't want to get stuck in Colonia :) thanks again.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: daytrip from BA

Hi, I am in Colonia now and off to B.A. with Colonia Express in a couple of hours,

The problem with the website was it wouldn't offer the cheap tickets to non-Uruguayans. Purchased the ticket at the port the day before. It is low season though and cash only. Single to B.A. - U$550 = $20 (US).

So the tickets bought in Argentina seem to be a lot more expensive. Don't do the tour - everything is very walkable.

9. Re: daytrip from BA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2016, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Colonia del Sacramento