We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike on the bus

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bike on the bus

Hello all

Is it possible to bring a bike on the bus from Colonia to Montevideo? I hired a car for 10 days from Buenos Aires and I'm planning to take with it with in Colonia to Montevideo & then Punta del Este.

Your advise would be mostly appreciated.

Best regards

Nancy

Mentioned in this post
Montevideo
Montevideo
Montevideo Department, Uruguay
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Punta del Este
Punta del Este
Maldonado Department, Uruguay
Colonia del...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike on the bus

No problem! I´ve seen lots of bikes been taken with the luggage, some of them take the front weel off, though.

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Level Contributor
64 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike on the bus

Why don´t you ride the bike from Colonia to Montevideo? Biking Uruguay is wonderful and you do not need to use helmet in Argentina and Uruguay. By the way, you can transport your bike from Buenos Aires to Colonia with no problems. And Buenos Aires is a great city to ride by bike too.

Mentioned in this post
Montevideo
Montevideo
Uruguay
Uruguay
South America
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,601 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike on the bus

Not having to use a helmet is a good thing? I hope you don't mean that. Plenty of people wear helmets in Montevideo.

Mentioned in this post
Montevideo
Montevideo
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike on the bus

Thank you so much for all your responses guys, I really appreciated it and a very positive too. GibaHK, I would bike from Colonia to Montevideo but I would have a backpack. And as a cyclist from Sydney I would definitely wear a helmet :-)

Best regards to all

Mentioned in this post
Montevideo
Montevideo
5. Re: Bike on the bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2016, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Colonia del Sacramento