We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phan Thiet Airport

Vietnam
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Phan Thiet Airport

I read somewhere recently that opening the airport in Phan Thiet is back in the works. Does anyone have more information on this?

Thank you

8 replies to this topic
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phan Thiet Airport

My farm is 4 kilometers from the airport and I have seen no construction or activity since the inauguration ceremony that I attended a year and a half ago. One of the military guys in charge spends his days playing chess with members of my family.

What you probably heard was the report of the local people's committee annual meeting wherein they promised to begin construction. I wrote an article for city pass last year which detailed all of the projects the people's committee promised to work on the year before. Nothing had been done with any of the projects after 12 months.

Edited: 02 August 2017, 11:09
Level Contributor
765 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phan Thiet Airport

Probably a good thing, an airport would ruin Mui Ne I reckon

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,115 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phan Thiet Airport

As many things here in Vietnam it is still on the ' table " Just looking for investors ?

Vietnam
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phan Thiet Airport

Too bad there has not been any movement on the airport. I think it would help tourism in the area. It would be a lot easier getting to Phan Thiet from Hanoi, Nha Trang, HCMC, etc., if you could fly in and out. The old airport in Nha Trang would be a good model. A very simple layout.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Phan Thiet Airport

Do you really, I mean really think that place needs more tourists? Seriously, I can't think of a single place in Vietnam that the tourists themselves would like to be populated by even more tourists. All the "timeless charm" is by and large gone already.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,402 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Phan Thiet Airport

Yep, nothing like going to a place that is filled with people just like you.

Might as well just stay home. :-(

Scott

Vietnam
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phan Thiet Airport

Yes expat17 I know what you are saying. I am thinking about moving to Phan Thiet and it is a tough call. The people who have businesses there want more tourist and the foreign folks who live there want fewer. I was in Nha Trang in 1990 and it was awesome. I went back in February this year and I don't think I will be going back. Progress is a drag but may be impossible to stop. I watched Thailand fall.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phan Thiet Airport

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw a long time ago. At the zoo and this guy with a kid on his shoulders looking through the bars at a guy with a kid on his shoulders. La Vida Loca for sure

Reply to: Phan Thiet Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted