We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there many Nohi buses from Takayama to Shirakawago?

2 posts
Save Topic
Is there many Nohi buses from Takayama to Shirakawago?

Just this morning I called to Nohi bus to reserve under Hokuriku Tourist Pass,

when I asked him 10am or 11am buses for the date 12/2, he just tell me it doesn't need any reservation, you'll just need to queue when the bus gets full.

Has anyone experience full bus at Nohi Takayama bus station before ?

Is that true on what he said? That there's many buses to loop you around Takayama to Shirakawago?

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Macau, China
Level Contributor
6,597 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there many Nohi buses from Takayama to Shirakawago?

https:/…shirakawago.pdf

Reservation is required for those schedules mark with "R" only. Therefore if you are taking 09:50, 10:50 or 11:50 (or other buses without "R"), you do not need to reserve. Simply go to the station and line up for the bus.

If you want to make reservation, you can still call the reservation center and book those buses with "R"

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,886 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there many Nohi buses from Takayama to Shirakawago?

Buses do become full, especially in recent years as Japan's popularity has exploded. There are several Takayama to Shirakawago buses that don't require reservation. On the other hand, if you know for sure you want to go on that date, make a reservation. Insist if you have to, or call and talk to a different operator.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there many Nohi buses from Takayama to Shirakawago?

I see, that means any how I have to reserve it. Okay, I got it. Thank you SammyF1oyd and HiroSKMT!

Reply to: Is there many Nohi buses from Takayama to Shirakawago?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted