We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shirakawa-go Nori bus reservation

Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shirakawa-go Nori bus reservation

Hi,

A friend of mine reserved a seat by phone on the Nori bus return Takayama-Shirakawago. His account was when he was at Takayama, he bought the return tickets from the Nori bus ticket-vending machine at the terminal. However he nearly could not get on the bus as the driver nearly refused to acknowledge his reservation; the other passengers got "reserved ticket" not vending machine tickets.

Has anyone done any reservations on the Nori bus? If so, where exactly or how do one gets the reserved bus tickets?

Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Macau, China
Level Contributor
6,416 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shirakawa-go Nori bus reservation

https:/…shirakawago.pdf

Those remarked with R require reservation. I think your friend tried to take the schedule with "R" and therefore he was not allowed getting on the bus. Schedules without the "R" sign are reservation-free and seats are offered in first-come-first-serve basis. If you want to take those with "R", you can do it via reservation channels shown at the bottom part of the file.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shirakawa-go Nori bus reservation

Actually he did make a reservation- eventually he got on as his name was on the driver's list.

My question- as he did not fund out- is what is the process. I mean he got a 'normal' ticket from the vending machine and had hassles with the driver. Other passengers had 'reserved' tickets. If we have made phone reservations, do we go somewhere to pick up such 'reserved' tickets instead of from the machine? Anyone who have done phone reservation can enligthen?

Thanks.

Reply to: Shirakawa-go Nori bus reservation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted