We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Shirakawa-go to Takayama?

Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from Shirakawa-go to Takayama?

I will be visiting Shirakawa-go by Nouhi bus, departing early in the morning from Kanazawa. I had planned to stay for a few hours before boarding the next bus to Takayama. The last bus departs quite early (in March), but we are looking for alternative ways to also experience Shirakawa-go at night (evening), without have to stay the night (which isn't an option, since all has been booked already).

I was thinking of finding out if there is a taxi we could take from Takayama to Shirakawa-go and back (with roughly one hour in the town at night, just to take pictures and have a stroll). This would mean we have already visited Shirakawa-go that morning for a few hours, but will return again in the evening.

Another option is to buy a Nouhi bus ticket straight from Kanazawa to Takayama, and only depart (again by bus) to Shirakawa-go in the afternoon....but this would still mean we'd need a taxi, since the last bus from Shirakawa-go to Takayama seems to depart around 5.40pm (I assume in March, it will not be fully dark by that time?).

Any suggestion, or should I just give up on my wish to also see Shirakawa-go at night, even if it is a short trip, a costly trip and an exhausting trip....

Mentioned in this post
Kanazawa
Kanazawa
Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan
Takayama
Takayama
Gifu Prefecture, Japan
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,361 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Shirakawa-go to Takayama?

If you aren't spending the night at Shirakawago, there is no reason to stay late outside of the winter illumination season. Just take a late afternoon bus to Takayama.

Mentioned in this post
Takayama
Takayama
Gifu Prefecture, Japan
2. Re: Taxi from Shirakawa-go to Takayama?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2018, 14:17