We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shinhotaka Bus Round Trip + Ropeway Combo Questions

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
72 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Shinhotaka Bus Round Trip + Ropeway Combo Questions

Hello Forumers,

Need your advice on this. I have heard from forumers possible to purchase a 5000 yen combo that enables a round trip and a ropeway combo and an onsen which is very value for money.

I have checked the Nohi bus website but it is not mentioned at all

Where can I purchase this in Takayama? Some blog say Lawson, some say travel agency

Thanks so much!

20 replies to this topic
noisyplanet
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shinhotaka Bus Round Trip + Ropeway Combo Questions

Thank you so much for your response. So I believe I do not nid to book early?

noisyplanet
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shinhotaka Bus Round Trip + Ropeway Combo Questions

Thank you for your response. So I believe I do not need to get the ticket earlier? I am coming inend of March.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
611 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Shinhotaka Bus Round Trip + Ropeway Combo Questions

No need. But I just bought it as soon as I reach Takayama.

Check the weather with JTB when you buy the ticket. They will tell you which timing to go when sky is clear. If not will be waste of time going there if the sky is cloudy.

Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Shinhotaka Bus Round Trip + Ropeway Combo Questions

Hi,

I am riding on this post because I am trying to see if there is a package for transport that is more economical for me which I do not know. If someone has the experience, please share with me. Thanks!

Day 1 : Takayama to Kamikochi. As the bus is going through Hirayu onsen, I plan to go to Shin Hotaka ropeway. Then after Shin Hotaka, go back to Hirayu onsen to catch the bus to Kamikochi.

Stay 3 days at Kamikochi.

Day 4: Return from Kamikochi to Takayama.

At this point, I plan to buy Takayama to Shin Hotaka onsen 2160 Yen then Shin Hotaka ropeway at 2900 Yen.

This already cost 5060 Yen even though I wasted the ticket going back to Takayama since it is a 2 day pass but it includes a free onsen.

This is assuming that I still have to get off at Hirayu onsen so on the way back, I only need to buy Hirayu to Kamikochi ticket at 1160 Yen which I can buy the 2 way ticket at 2050Yen.

Is it better to buy the above 2 day special package for Takayama to Shin Hotaka ropeway at 5150 Yen then a separate ticket from Hirayu to Kamikochi 1160 Yen on Day 1 and another ticket from Kamikochi to Takayama on Day 4 1160 Yen + 2150Yen ?

I cannot find a round trip ticket price from Takayama to Kamikochi. But Kamikochi website said that it lasts for 6 days.

The Nohi bus website only has one way price from Takayama to Hirayu 1570 Yen and Hirayu to Kamikochi 2050 Yen for two way.

Sorry for the complex Maths question!!

Malaysia
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Shinhotaka Bus Round Trip + Ropeway Combo Questions

I wish to travel from Takayama to Okuhida on 13 Dec. May i know is the Nohi Bus available & the 2 days open ticket is cover the bus from Takayama to there and also the ropeway?

Is the price 4110yen?

Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Shinhotaka Bus Round Trip + Ropeway Combo Questions

Hi,

I just wish to update on my query now that I came back.

The round trip ticket from Takayama to Kamikochi (including a stop at Hirayu onsen for change of bus both way) is 5040 Yen per person and it lasts for 7 days.This is good for people who plan to stay in Kamikochi for several days. The bus ticket is not a multiple ticket. Is only valid for Takayama to Hirayu to Kamikochi and then Kamikochi back to Hirayu to Takayama.

As I was going to Shin Hotaka on the way to Kamikochi, I just have to buy another ticket from Hirayu to Shin Hotaka and back to Hirayu onsen for me to catch the next bus to Kamikochi. This two way ticket is also a 2 day open ticket and costs 1540 Yen.

hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Shinhotaka Bus Round Trip + Ropeway Combo Questions

Hi,

This Oct 10th we are planning for a day trip to Takayama & Shinhotaka , we will be reaching Takayama station by 11.30am and would like to buy a combo pass for a day to go to Shinhotaka roapway from Takayama in Bus and then take the 2 roapways and come back to Takayama station max by 5pm, please let us know would it be possible for us to do it for 3 of us and from where we can buy this Bus + Roapway Combo ticket, many thanks in advance, Anjan

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Shinhotaka Bus Round Trip + Ropeway Combo Questions

Good evening,

May i know the cost of transport to shin hotaka ropeway from Takayama and tickets on the return ropeway plus spa.

A kind of combination ticket .

Manila
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Shinhotaka Bus Round Trip + Ropeway Combo Questions

Hello!

Do we need to make a bus/train reservation to get to Takayama from Nagoya?

And then, from Takayama to Shinhotaka Ropeway, do we also need to make a reservation?

Or can we just go the train/bus station and buy from there?

Thank you!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Shinhotaka Bus Round Trip + Ropeway Combo Questions

https:/…

I found all the information here.

Reply to: Shinhotaka Bus Round Trip + Ropeway Combo Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted