We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Light-Up 30th Jan 2017

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Taxi to Light-Up 30th Jan 2017

We (2 pax) have booked a taxi to watch the Shirakawago Light-up on Jan 30th. We will leave Takayama at 11 am. After the Light-up @ 7.30 pm the taxi will send us back to Takayama.

There is 2 more places in the taxi, and we will be glad to share the trip and the cost.

Thank you

Edited: 23 October 2016, 13:39
8 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Light-Up 30th Jan 2017

Hi , may I know how much it cost ? On 30 we from Nagoya to takayama may be I can join u , so I need to know your detail , u sure on 30 ( Monday) have light up ?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Light-Up 30th Jan 2017

I will pm you. Thanks

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Light-Up 30th Jan 2017

Hi, do you know the SHirakawa Go light up schedule? I can't find it. I will be there Feb. 8-10. Please let me know if you have a schedule.

Thank you

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,988 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to Light-Up 30th Jan 2017

According to Yokoso Japan Tour, the light up in Shirakawago in 2017 is scheduled on Jan 22, 23, 29, 30 and Feb 5 and 6.

Beware that a regular tourist might not be able to get into Shirakawago in 2017 due to problems caused by so many tourists in the past:

"Important Notice

Because the light-up event in Shirakawago has grown too popular and has led to various problems in recent years, the local authorities are currently working on a new system to be put into effect for the 2017 event. Details have not been released yet, but the new system is likely to limit the number of people allowed into the town to visitors who will be using the local restaurants and lodgings. Details will be posted here as soon as they are released."

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5956.html

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to Light-Up 30th Jan 2017

Hi. Just checking if your taxi pool seats for 2 persons still valid?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to Light-Up 30th Jan 2017

Yes.Its still available. I pm you further info. Thanks

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi to Light-Up 30th Jan 2017

Hi, may i know how to book the taxi? Any contact to share? We have 6 persons to travel on the same date.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi to Light-Up 30th Jan 2017

I booked mine through Hato Taxi. Thanks

Reply to: Taxi to Light-Up 30th Jan 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted