We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narita or Haneda Airport

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Narita or Haneda Airport

We are heading to Tokyo in Oct to join a cruise & was wondering if it would be best to fly into Nareta or Haneda airport. We intend to arrive the day before the start of the cruise & will be looking for a hotel to stay at close to the cruise terminal. Any thoughts please..

5 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
124 reviews
1. Re: Narita or Haneda Airport

Haneda is closer to Tokyo therefore better if you can get flights. Though all direct fights from Melbourne to Tokyo land in Narita as far as I'm aware. I wouldn't choose a flight that has a stopover just to land in Haneda.

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
2. Re: Narita or Haneda Airport

Thanks Simone. I guess the better option is Narita considering the flight time.

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,882 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Narita or Haneda Airport

You could use Narita Express to Yokohama, Haneda may involve changing trains or using the Limousine bus.

California
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
335 reviews
4. Re: Narita or Haneda Airport

I too am assuming that the cruise is from Yokohama at the pier at Osanbashi. Coming one day before doesn't leave a lot of time for sightseeing, but I would recommend going to Yokohama -- conditioned on the time of arrival. Even though it is not "traditional" Japan, the Minato Mirai area around the pier is in of itself a modernistic tourist destination. Osanbashi itself is shaped like the back of a whale.

Enjoy your one day, and your cruise.

Nakano, Japan
Level Contributor
692 posts
5. Re: Narita or Haneda Airport

Haneda is definitely better for its transport but usually beyonds your consideration mainly due to flight schedules.

If you take a domestic, sure to choose Haneda.

Reply to: Narita or Haneda Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Narita