We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Transfer with Luggage in locker?

Alhambra, Ca
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
International Transfer with Luggage in locker?

Hoping someone can help me! My flight is tomorrow and I have some questions...

I am going from Narita Airport and flying out to Hong Kong for a few days on Cathay Air.

I will return from Hong Kong on cathay air to Narita Airport and on the same day fly back home to Los Angeles on Singapore Airlines. 3 hour layover

When I land back into Narito from Hong Kong, can I transfer over to Singapore Airlines? Or will I have to exit and go into Japan and re enter again?

My wife and I have 3 luggages and would like to keep 1 at Narita when we are traveling to Hong Kong for a few days. Will I have access to the luggage and locker when I land back into Narita?

Should I just bring all 3 luggage to hong kong and back to Narita, would that make my transfer easier?

Mentioned in this post
Narita Airport
Narita Airport
Narita, Japan
Narita
Narita
Chiba Prefecture, Japan
5 replies to this topic
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55,232 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International Transfer with Luggage in locker?

Luggage storage is land side at the airport.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
27,794 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International Transfer with Luggage in locker?

>>Should I just bring all 3 luggage to hong kong and back to Narita, would that make my transfer easier?<<

Definitely. All coin lockers and luggage storage are on land side, so if you store your luggage, you'll have to go through immigration to retrieve it then go through the security and outgoing immigration to go back to airside. If you take all your luggage, all you do at NRT is to transfer international-international, which takes less than 30 minutes.

Mentioned in this post
Narita
Narita
Chiba Prefecture, Japan
Narita Airport
Narita Airport
Narita, Japan
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: International Transfer with Luggage in locker?

Hello. I´m going from Houston To Bangkok and I have a short stop (3 hours) in Narita Airport. I´m going with United airlines from Houston to Tokyio and then from Tokyo to Bangkok with ANA.I ´d aprreciate if you help me telling me iIf I check bags in Houston I will have to pick them up in Narita ? or they will go directly to Bangkok? In case I need to pick up the checked bags in Narita, I need to do migration there? I want to know if I chech bags I wiull need a visa in Tokyo?. I´m Colombian.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Narita Airport
Narita Airport
Narita, Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Narita
Narita
Chiba Prefecture, Japan
California
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: International Transfer with Luggage in locker?

Did you book this trip on one "ticket" (and I suspect you did because United and ANA are Star Alliance Partners)?

If so, your luggage (and you) should be checked through to Bangkok and you would be just transiting in Japan and not entering. You could check directly with United.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
25,235 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: International Transfer with Luggage in locker?

>> or they will go directly to Bangkok?

If single ticket, they will. If separate tickets, they can, subject to check-in agent's discretion, and meeting minimum connection time requirement at Narita

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Narita
Narita
Chiba Prefecture, Japan
Reply to: International Transfer with Luggage in locker?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted