We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Tokyo Airporter" transfer service from Narita to Odaiba

Hsinchu, Taiwan
Level Contributor
38 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
"Tokyo Airporter" transfer service from Narita to Odaiba

We are going to Tokyo via Narita airport in october.

We tot a quote from a company called "Tokyo Airporter" for return transfer from Narita airport to our hotel in Odaiba for 36000yen. Has anyone had experience with this company? thanks!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,381 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Tokyo Airporter" transfer service from Narita to Odaiba

Is there any reason why you wouldn't like trains or bus? To me, paying 400 dollars just for airport transfer is outrageous. Although I know some people can afford it, I am not jealous, or really against you paying it.

Edited: 16 July 2012, 00:35
Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Tokyo Airporter" transfer service from Narita to Odaiba

Me too....

From Narita you can take Narita Ltd. Express to Shimbashi (one of the Tokyo stations), change once and take the Yurikamome Line to the Odaibakaihinkoen Station.

If you check the website Hyperdia for train info, you can see routes taking 90 mins and costing just over Y3,400.

Bus

Look at this link

limousinebus.co.jp/en/…

Limousine Bus from Grand Pacific Le Daiba Hotel to Narita, costs Y2,700 and takes 60 mins, 6 services a day. If Le Daiba isn't your hotel you can easily take a short taxi ride to it.

Advice: leave plenty of time for transfers TO the airport because sometimes the official 60 mins becomes 90...but Octover should be fine.

NO need to pay 36,000 for an airport transfer ;-)

Amanda

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Tokyo Airporter" transfer service from Narita to Odaiba

Guys - if the OP wants to use a taxi/van it's only fair to answer the request for user comments!

When we did our holiday in Japan we flew in o/night from London and took the Skyliner to Ueno, then a taxi to our hotel in Asakusa. That worked out OK - partly because we were already numb after the flight, etc, but still, after the flight and train we were very tired and found it heavy going. On the face of it, the OP has kids, and that would increase the potential for chaos exponentially.

Going home, we would have had to get a very early train from Shinjuku (different hotel for last night) and given the logistics of getting to the station, finding the train, etc, we simply could not face it. £170 for a taxi to the airport was a lot, no doubt about it, for two pax, but on the other hand we just walked across the pavement from the hotel door and were dropped off outside the terminal at Narita. We both felt it was worth it, and for sure we'd do it again!

We used the same company the OP is asking about, the car (actually, a big Toyota) was waiting outside the hotel ten mnutes before we were due to leave, the driver loaded and unloaded our luggage and was very polite,

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,559 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Tokyo Airporter" transfer service from Narita to Odaiba

a flat rate taxi(MK Taxi) should cost only 13,000 + ~5000 yen including meet and greet. I hope you are getting a Rolls Royce or a luxury bus for 36000 yen.

Edited: 16 July 2012, 02:29
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,978 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Tokyo Airporter" transfer service from Narita to Odaiba

Airporter offers a 8 seat-van (up to 7 passengers) for 18,000 yen one way. So it's more economical than limobus. They also have 13 seat-van (12 passengers.) If you have a large party, it's the way to go:

http://www.tokyoairporter.com/fleet.html

In any case, their service is excellent!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,381 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Tokyo Airporter" transfer service from Narita to Odaiba

John, I understand your point. As I have said, if the person can afford it, I'm not against it or anything... Perhaps I should have just ignored it and waited for people who have used the service. But then, real scums who just takes money and don't do the actual work is a true rarity in Japan, so I thought price was the only question.

There's nothing wrong taking a Taxi to Narita, if you didn't mind paying for it. I might do the same one day, who knows? But then, finding a train (N'EX) at Shinjuku Station is as easy as finding a Eurostar in Gare du Nord, Paris...

Edited: 16 July 2012, 03:21
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,559 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Tokyo Airporter" transfer service from Narita to Odaiba

Didn't see 36000 is for return. With MK Taxi, return is 13000 + ~5000 + 13000 .

Hsinchu, Taiwan
Level Contributor
38 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Tokyo Airporter" transfer service from Narita to Odaiba

We have kids (7 and 3 years-old) with two large luggages so i did not even think about taking the train. With the limousine bus not having rides to match our flight times.... so ... yes, the door-to-door transfers are expensive at 18000yen per-way (and need to pay 36000 at once at pick-up). Thanks everyone for answering my post.

Thanks John! it looks like you've had a good experience with Tokyo Airporter.... I will post again after our trip in october!

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Tokyo Airporter" transfer service from Narita to Odaiba

MK is about the same price. It's Narita not Haneda.

Hsinchu, Taiwan
Level Contributor
38 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Tokyo Airporter" transfer service from Narita to Odaiba

what is the full name of MK taxi? do u have the website link? thanks Kanazawa san!