We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a driver from JB airport to Mersing

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a driver from JB airport to Mersing

Hi,

I'm looking for some quotes of private driver hire to get from JB airport to Mersing ferry terminal. I found one email address already on this forum, does anyone have any more addresses or phone numbers for recommended drivers, as I'd love to get a couple of quotes to compare.

We're 5 people, so would need to be a suitably large vehicle.

Thanks

18 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a driver from JB airport to Mersing

Usually tourists will get on a bus or a coach as some bus companies called it. It cheaper using a bus than hiring a private driver to get from JB airport to Mersing ferry terminal.

But you will face the distance hassle transferring from Senai airport to Larkin Bus Terminal.

Use search words 'transnational bus johor bahru to mersing ferry terminal' in your search.

Alternatively is to get a tour van (usually a Ford Transit).I know a guy who is a tour van driver but I don't have his email or phone number.Sorry.

Here goes some info. I copied directly from bus online ticket.

Bus from Johor Bahru to Mersing is an alternative cheaper option and also back up option for Singapore residents who wish to travel to Mersing and then Tioman Island. Of course, bus from Johor Bahru to Mersing does also serve the locals who travel between the two cities.

Coach Operators, Duration, Fare, Notes

SnS International, Causeway Link and Transnasional are the reliable coach companies providing bus from Johor Bahru to Mersing. The journey duration is about 2 hours.

The bus fare for bus from Johor Bahru to Mersing is in the range of RM 12- RM 13. Because of the much cheaper bus fare in Johor Bahru, some budget backpacker will take the bus from Johor Bahru to Mersing instead of taking bus from Singapore to Mersing.

Another group of travellers choose to take bus from Johor Bahru to Mersing because the ticket for bus from Singapore to Mersing sold out. They have no choice but to take the alternative option from Johor Bahru to Mersing.

The departure point for coaches going to Mersing in Johor Bahru is at Larkin bus terminal. Their arrival point is at Mersing bus terminal, which is 10 minute walking distance from Mersing Jetty. Those who continue the journey to Tioman Island by ferry can easily walk to the jetty to catch the ferry to Tioman Island.

In Larkin bus terminal in Johor Bahru, there are many agents who try to sell you bus ticket which is without clear departure time. The best way to avoid them is to tell them politely that you have purchase Johor Bahru to Mersing bus ticket in advance via online. They will not continue to disturb you. Hence, booking your Johor Bahru to Mersing bus ticket online at BusOnlineTicket.com is not just hassle-free, but also helps you to avoid those agents in Larkin bus terminal politely.

Edited: 30 April 2017, 21:50
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a driver from JB airport to Mersing

The ticket price from bus online ticket for TransNational bus is Johor Bahru Mersing RM 17.60 10:30 AM , 3:30 PM , 11:00 PM.Copied from busonlineticket.com/bus/transnasional-bus

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a driver from JB airport to Mersing

Thanks John. We're trying to avoid having to go to Larkin terminal, and just go straight from the airport. So far I have one quote from a transfer driver, looking for some others to compare.

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a driver from JB airport to Mersing

I think this forum provide certain private transport contact, you can try to ask them to quote. If you still cannot find some can PM me to provide the contact to you.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a driver from JB airport to Mersing

Hello did you end up getting a Private taxi/mini van to Mersing jetty straight from JB airport? My boyfriend and I are going next month and want to go direct from Johor Bahru airport as we don’t have time on our side. How much did you pay and how long was the drive please???

Much appreciated:)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a driver from JB airport to Mersing

Post #5

If you're going to Tioman, you will need to know the times of the ferry because if they are sailing early, you might be wasting your time getting a cab.

7. Re: Looking for a driver from JB airport to Mersing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2018, 12:17

Ipoh, Malaysia
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a driver from JB airport to Mersing

Hi

any contact no can provide to me

about from jb airport to tioman

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a driver from JB airport to Mersing

Hi I received the info from taxi driver. they have a few cars but not for us.We are the group of 11 people, and we are still looking for the bus/van.

JB - Mersing :

Toyota Innova

One way SGD150

Round trip SGD 280

Toyota Alphard

One way SGD190

Round trip SGD360

Hyundai Starex

One way SGD190

Round trip SGD360

Price: www.sgmytaxi.com/rates

Vehicles: www.sgmytaxi.com/fleets

10. Re: Looking for a driver from JB airport to Mersing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2018, 16:53

Reply to: Looking for a driver from JB airport to Mersing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Johor Bahru