We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry timetable and fare JB to Batam

Which Johor Bahru hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
85 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
ferry timetable and fare JB to Batam

does anybody know the RECENT ferry timetable from JB to Batam ? is it true that there are departures almost every hour ? serving BATAM CENTER only ? or other places in Batam as well ?when does the first ferry leave in the morning ? and how much does a one-way-trip cost including all those nasty surcharges and fees ?

just to make it clear: I want to AVOID going through Singapore.

thanks

JB
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry timetable and fare JB to Batam

Look up this site for info:- http://www.zon.com.my/ferry.html

please call 07-2211677 for exact departure time.

I think they serve JB to Batam, JB to Tanjung Pinang (Bintan Island) and JB to Tanjung Belungkur in KOta Tinggi district.

JB
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry timetable and fare JB to Batam

I look up in newspaper, they state that one way trip to Batam centre is RM69 for adult and RM46 for children. Also for port tax they charge RM10.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
85 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry timetable and fare JB to Batam

thanks firebrezee.

a few days later after I posted that, I was browsing the JB hotels and came across the ZEN website, so I found that link too and could check the timetable. unfortunately, when I googled for it, using various terms, the ZEN website didnt appear....

staying at the ZEN HOTEL seems to make sense as well, as its connected to the jetty....

4. Re: ferry timetable and fare JB to Batam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 09:16