We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi holiday

London, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Langkawi holiday

I've done it!! I've booked the flights! Was very torn between where to go, but such lovely people on this forum that I was swayed in the Langkawi direction! Thank you everyone!

Now another question, I like the look of the Mangrove boat trip (Dev)... anyone know any more about it?

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Langkawi Mangrove Tour - Day Tours
Langkawi Mangrove Tour...
319 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
11,802 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkawi holiday

Hi

If you look on the tab over to the left of the page marked "Things to Do" you will find all the details there for the tours Dev does. He's a great bloke and very, very enthusiastic about the environment and Langkawi. You will learn loads from him about the island.

I think his website is www.langkawi-nature.com

Lesley

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
London, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkawi holiday

Thanks Lesley.

I've found the details, I was wondering if others recommended the mangrove boat tour, it looks like a lovely thing to do!

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkawi holiday

Hi

Mangrove tour will be great, but when you book it make sure that you ask for Dev although the other guides are equally professional Dev has a certain passion for the wildlife.

The kayak trip is fun too.

One "must do" is Devs evening nature walk around the Berjaya where you will see flying Lemurs, flying squirrels etc.

Whatever else you do .....just enjoy it & you'll be back for more

Mick

Mentioned in this post
Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia
Berjaya Langkawi Resort...
5,296 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
London, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Langkawi holiday

Hi Mick

I'll take your tip and ask for Dev... might do the eve walk too.

Think I'll give the kayak one a miss though... don't want to fall out and lose my wellies....

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,342 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Langkawi holiday

Dear Lovegrenada,

when I see your photo, I get the impression that you are young and fit. Go for the kayak and don't worry about falling out! It is completely safe. But the kayaks can go where the longboats can not and as they are quiet, you are almost guaranteed to see more wildlife. You don't need to be an athlet to join it! It is the very best way to explore the area (And the most environment friendly).

Eva

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,729 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Langkawi holiday

hi! glad to see the wellies are going. kayaking is easy take care to sit in the back so partner can't see when you stop paddling. wear mac cos' you'll get wet drawers. have fun and stop worrying!

pam

London, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Langkawi holiday

Hi Pam.

Great idea... I'll put my man in the front and he can do the all the work!

Okay, wellies and mac, should I take a big golf umbella too, so I can keep us both dry?! LOL!

London, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Langkawi holiday

Hi Eva,

I'm not young or particularly fit!

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,729 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Langkawi holiday

don't be silly! umbrellas are provided in most hotels!

pam

UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Langkawi holiday

Hi Lovegrenada,

kayaking is not too bad, you should be fine if I can handle it! I like the idea of the evening walk too when i go on my trip in May.

Have you been advised to book these tours before you travel or is it ok to book them once you get there?