We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in/near Kuah Town

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
48 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches in/near Kuah Town

Hello guys. :)

I'm a Hongkonger who is planning to go to Langkawi (via KL) on April, and I'll be staying in Langkawi Seaview Hotel in Kuah Town.

I wanna ask you guys if there are any public beaches near my hotel? I prefer going to the white sand beaches, which I saw in the Langkawi website. Also, if you know any beaches which are more cleaner & better but far away from my hotel, can you tell me how to get there & which transportation should I take? Thank you in advance for those who will reply. ^_^

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches in/near Kuah Town

Dear A Lana,

Kuah is not really the best spot to look for beaches but here are a few ideas:

One of the most beautiful beaches is Tanjung Rhu in the north eastern corner of the island. Either before the resort or at the very end of the stretch. Easy to find but you need transport. On the way up to Datai are a few beaches but dirty.

Here is one special idea for you:

Go to the local jetty for longboats between the yacht club and the jetty point. Charter a long boat ( about 40 to 60 RM one way ) and let them take you to Bun Bon Island. Behind Westin resort. Make sure, they pick you up later. Take a picnic basket, you will be alone - maybe some monkeys but they are shy as they are not jet spoilt by tourists (don't feed them!). Make sure you go about 2 hours before hightide and leave no later than 2 hours after high tide. We clean up the beach a few times a months.

Don't tell anybody and please leave only footprints.....

Eva

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches in/near Kuah Town

You can catch a cab or hire a car to Tanjung Rhu Beach. About 30mins from your hotel.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
48 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches in/near Kuah Town

@Danielschaller & Baskie: Thank you very much for responding to my topic. I just searched for the pics of Tanjung Rhu, and they were awesome! I'll definitely go to Tanjung Rhu. Can I also ask what the price will be if I take the cab from my hotel to Tanjung Rhu?

@Danielschaller: Thanks for the other advice about Bun Bon Island. Unfortunately, I might not have any time to visit the island since I'm going to Langkawi on a package tour, and I have limited time. But still, thanks. =)

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches in/near Kuah Town

RM25 one way or you can hire a cab for RM30 per hour (minimum) 3 hrs.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
246 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches in/near Kuah Town

Lana,

can you change the hotel location ? because kuah town doesnt have the kind of beach you think off...

what is the more fancy would be the CheNang beach... it doesn't cost much at all, maybe RM 20-50 more than u pay for Kuah hotel...

but the beach and scenario... is worth so much more ...

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches in/near Kuah Town

I would agree to that...

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
48 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches in/near Kuah Town

Thank you for the continuous replies guys. n_n

@jeffayn: I think you mean Pantai Cenang, right? And yes, I just found out earlier that Kuah Town doesn't have beaches; too bad. Anyway, I just saw the pictures of Pantai Cenang, and I quite like them too. Too bad I can only visit one beach because I'm on a package tour, and I only have 1 whole day of going around Langkawi. I'll probably decide what beach should I visit soon.

About the hotel, me & my travel agent haven't settled yet about the package tour she sent me actually, so my travel agent could find me a different hotel.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches in/near Kuah Town

Dear Lana,

as you are so limited in your time, Tanjung Rhu Beach at the very end is for sure a good choice. There are some local foodstalls and the food is very cheap and not bad. Fresh coconut available.

We had a discussion a few days back that some tourist had been robbed over there. So please take care of you belongings.

Eva

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches in/near Kuah Town

Eva, guest being robbed in Tg Rhu??? Wow! That's news...

How many incident so far???

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
48 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches in/near Kuah Town

Thanks for the reminder Eva. Don't worry, I'll make sure that I'll only pack light to avoid getting robbed. But just in case, do you know any place where I can claim & deposit my things near the Tanjung Rhu beach? I also might bring a picnic mat so that I can sit on the beach.