We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toddler n Langkawi

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Toddler n Langkawi

Hi,

It seems a long time since any one posted a toddler related query so i though might ask as things might have changed.

I will be travelling to Langkawi with my wife n 17 month old boy this weekend. We would be there for 3 days.

Any suggested itineraries or palces of interest that would be both safe and fun for the baby. Staying at Holiday Villa.

Also if any DOs and DONTs during our stay then plz do suggest.

Thanks,

DeepS

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toddler n Langkawi

Dear DeepS,

Langkawi is a great place for families with small children and Holiday Villa for this matter is a good choice. The beach is right in front of you and the hotel is prepared for kids. Langkawi is very kids friendly and absolutely safe.

No Dos or Don'ts that your own commen sense would not tell you.

Have a great time!

Eva

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toddler n Langkawi

Eva,

I guess that you have forgotten to inform Deepan not to feed the monkeys just to amuse the child.

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toddler n Langkawi

ha ha...or the eagles

absolutely, will take care.

any sugegsted itineraries? Can we still go on Dev's morning tour with an infant..is it advisable? or should we skip it. Anything else u would recommend.

Frankly, this is my first international leisure trip with our kid so just a little in doubt.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toddler n Langkawi

Deepan, I can understand your concern. I have gone through see same experience, sometime ago.

The answer to your question is yes & no!

Yes, it will be nice to expose your child to all this wonderful stuff available in the nature and it is a pretty easy walk.

No, kids being kids. They won't actually have so much of patience as adults do. So, I would say go for it but if your child is getting cranky you can excuse yourself and the naturalist will understand that. Also, take him to the wildlife park. He may like it.

Don't forget to take a drive up to Gunung Raya & Cable car up to Gunung Mat Chinchang too. Your child will definitely love the waterfalls here.

Essex
Level Contributor
304 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toddler n Langkawi

We stayed at Holiday Villa and had nieces with us who were toddlers and HV have an indoor children's play area which is good for an hour's distraction if needed to stay out of the sun or if it's raining. There seemed to be only us using it during our stay so was like our own private play area. Worth checking it out just for an extra little activity to know about if you don't want to venture far from your room on any one day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toddler n Langkawi

Danke schön! Eva and many thanks to everyone.

This will definitely help me in this trip.

DeepS

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toddler n Langkawi

Yes, Baskie,

you are right! We can not often enough tell the people NOT to feed any wild life animals. But the fishfarm in Kilim River is very nice, Deeps. Normally when you book Dev for the boat tour, you will have lunch there. As much as I remember, Dev doesn't include the tour through the fishfarm - maybe because he doesn't agree with it...., I will ask him next time I see him. But you can go there with your kids any time. To feed the fishes - especially the stingrays - is big fun for kids all age, including me. They have built a shor canopy walk in the back of the farm that leads you through the mangroves. Takes only 5 minutes but is worth it!

Have fun and stay safe.

Eva

8. Re: Toddler n Langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 19:37