We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to Arau Train Station from Langkawi (Teluk Burau)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
23 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
getting to Arau Train Station from Langkawi (Teluk Burau)

Dear Forum members,

I am planning to reach Langkawi from KL by air, so will land on the island itself - getting to my hotel will be simple enough since I will take a taxi from the airport. But my return journey (to KL) is by train from the Arau station.

So, am I right in assuming that Langkawi has just one jetty point at Kuah from where a ferry can take me to Kuala Perlis? Are ferries frequent enough? And is it easy to get a taxi from Kuala Perlis to Arau station? (Any idea how much the taxi costs?)

Thanks a lot for your time and assistance!

cheers,

Abhi

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,004 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to Arau Train Station from Langkawi (Teluk Burau)

Dear Abhi,

you are right, the Jetty Point in Kuah is the one.

The ferry goes very often and you can even take a bus to KL. The buses are in good condition - there are some a bit more luxurious for about 35 RM.

I am not sure about the prices for taxis.

Why don't you just fly back?

Eva

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
23 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to Arau Train Station from Langkawi (Teluk Burau)

Thanks Eva, for responding so promptly.

(Wanted to experience a train journey inside Malaysia, hence the thought of flying one way and railroad on return.)

You have been very helpful.

Slovakia
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to Arau Train Station from Langkawi (Teluk Burau)

I took the night (sleeper) train from KL to Arau few weeks ago. It was very comfortable and very cheap, really nice experience! it took about 10-11hrs.

check this great web: http://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm

Slovakia
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to Arau Train Station from Langkawi (Teluk Burau)

oh, and .. many taxis everywhere. From Arau to Perlis ferry terminal it is RM 24, I walked a bit into the town and got one for RM 20,-

5. Re: getting to Arau Train Station from Langkawi (Teluk Burau)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:17