We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A daytrip from KL - is it possible

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
8 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
A daytrip from KL - is it possible

Did any of you made such a short visit to Cameron Highlands? They say it takes 5 hrs by bus each way, but would it be any faster if we rent a car on our own, or even take a driver who knows better the road? We caa o it within a day or at all.

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A daytrip from KL - is it possible

You can make it by car but you wont enjoy it, you will be 7 to 9hrs on the road and 2 or 3hrs in CH. Very tiring trip. Not worth the time.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,591 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A daytrip from KL - is it possible

Its possible if you are self-driving, around 3.5 hour drive. But whether it is worth the effort to spend 7 hours in a car to-and-fro, to spend just a few hours there is something for you to ponder on.

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A daytrip from KL - is it possible

Even the roads in CH itself will be choked on weekends, school holidays and public hols.

Putrajaya, Malaysia
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A daytrip from KL - is it possible

my friend formerly doing private car n driver for hire and the charge is quite high like RM400 from sunrise to sunset , from downtown KL to bukit fraser, another highland destination between genting and cameron... i wonder how it cost for cameron... seems u'r polish and not people of british commonwealth , your driving licence is not valid here unless it've been made international.. :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,933 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A daytrip from KL - is it possible

It really is not worth it!

6. Re: A daytrip from KL - is it possible

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 September 2012, 18:35
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A daytrip from KL - is it possible

@shirley n

The OP asked if anyone did a day trip to CH - and whether is quicker by car (which it obviously should be) Not where to purchase a bus ticket online! Sounds like a self promotion post to me..

Anyway @ grzegorz_krol - i would really not bother going for a day trip - not enough time to enjoy the place.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: A daytrip from KL - is it possible

Can anyone recommend a private car with driver for 2day trips from Kl to Cameron Highland

malaysia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: A daytrip from KL - is it possible

To be frank, you dont have to spent so mch for the transport to cameron.

Go down to puduraya grab a bus tix from unititi express and you are off to the hill resort. the journey will take only 4 hrs plus.

malaysia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: A daytrip from KL - is it possible

Jessie u can also go directly frm Singapore to Cameron. If I am nt mistaken you can try to enquire from the Five Star Coach. They have daily departure to the hill resort