We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't go to Rumah Rehat Kuala Kangsar (Rest House)

france
2 posts
Save Topic
Don't go to Rumah Rehat Kuala Kangsar (Rest House)

It was a really bad experience : rooms smelling badly, towels and room quite dirty, enormous bugs (but you are not going to see them when you visit...but just after have been installed), a lot of noise, air-condtion smelling awfully and very expensive...170 RM for a "VIP room"...

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
466 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't go to Rumah Rehat Kuala Kangsar (Rest House)

Hi crinarom,

I'm sorry to hear your bad experience. Rest house supposely to be damn cheap. RM170 is too much even for a VIP room...If they are charging like that, they should give a service standard like a hotel (at least a 3 star hotel)

Regards

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't go to Rumah Rehat Kuala Kangsar (Rest House)

Kuala Kangsar is not a touristy area, so they probably won't even maintain their hotels.... even the Seri Malaysia chain is better than a Rumah Rehat.....

next time you visit Kuala Kangsar, the best bet is to stay at Meru Valley Golf and Country club, the rooms there are rather new and well maintain, about 20 mins drive from KK city centre....

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
466 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't go to Rumah Rehat Kuala Kangsar (Rest House)

well GT, you are wrong... Kuala Kangsar is a tourist area... Many historical buildings there.

You cannot compare seri malaysia with rumah rehat as seri malaysia is a hotel chain while rumah rehat (guest house) is just a guest house which is supposely damn cheap.

Regards

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't go to Rumah Rehat Kuala Kangsar (Rest House)

Allow me to rephrase my answer ; Kuala Kangsar is not necessarily THE TOWN international tourists head to in Malaysia. Lovely little town yes, just like taiping and teluk intan....but lack of marketing and tourism efforts, so it remains tucked away from tourist eyes... unless the Perak Budget boosts tourism in KK like what they are doing major scale to Melaka (advertising on CNN, Fox etc). .....

france
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't go to Rumah Rehat Kuala Kangsar (Rest House)

I agree with VG about Kuala Kangsar...and as a matter a fact I have just finished a tour self-made in the west part of Malaysia... I have to say that Kuala Kangsar is much more charming than Melaka, Taiping or other towns I've visited. Just Georgetown is better and also Kuala Lumpur...

The reason for which I posted this review is that this resthouse is in a guide which recommend it... and as far as I have experienced the contrary I wish to share the bad experience in order not to be repeated by others.

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
466 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't go to Rumah Rehat Kuala Kangsar (Rest House)

Hi crinarom

Definitely yes. I've been to Kuala Kangsar few times. The historical left in Kuala Kangsar is taught in our education system. That's why I myself went there to see it for real. We know that Kuala Kangsar has many history which is not to be missed to visit for any history lover.

It also has nature like waterfall etc. But the hotel in Kuala Kangsar (or even in Taiping) is not that good. Better staying in Ipoh (1 hour driving) or Penang (also 1 hour driving)

Regards

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,259 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don't go to Rumah Rehat Kuala Kangsar (Rest House)

Hi

More info about Kuala Kangsar.

virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Malaysia/Nege…

Most rest house all over Malaysia are very badly maintainence.

Not surprising about the condition as per described.

Edited: 27 January 2010, 07:25
8. Re: Don't go to Rumah Rehat Kuala Kangsar (Rest House)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2010, 15:17