We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aeroline Bus Penang - Kuala Lumpur

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Aeroline Bus Penang - Kuala Lumpur

As a family of 4 we recently travelled on the Aeroline Bus FROM Penang to KUALA LUMPUR. It cost us RM60 per adult and RM30 for a child (over 13 yrs is adult cost).

To buy tickets you MUST buy them at the depot which is near the Queensbay Mall (yellow buiding). We bought ours 3 days before travel and booked seats 1A,1B, 2A and 2B - top deck right at the front - the BEST seats to have. Coffee is available at the depot before departure or there is a Starbucks nearby.

The bus is extremely comfortable. We were given headphones for the on board movie but I just enjoyed the classical music on channel 4. They brought around a bottle of water not long after departure and later on a lovely meal of chicken & rice. Coffee came later.

The bus used the express way so the views are a bit boring but the roads were safe. We stopped at Ipoh for 20mins. We grabbed some snacks and drinks.

There is a sitting toilet on board but the space is very small so a larger/taller person would be cramped.

It was comfortable and cheap and highly recommended.

Do make sure your luggage is put onto the bus and get off quickly to ensure no-one takes your luggage at KL.

We were expecting extra costs of RM10 per luggage tag (as per their website) but they weren't worried. They may not take a really large suitcase as their storage space is small. Check first.

Enjoy

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Penang Island...
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aeroline Bus Penang - Kuala Lumpur

Just wanted to add that you can also buy tickets online at:

https://www.aeroline.com.my/

Thanks,

Reese & Mark

www.CapturingPenang.com

subang jaya
Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aeroline Bus Penang - Kuala Lumpur

I agree with your comments. We bought tickets online. I live in Subang Jaya so being dropped off at Sunway is definite plus in comparison to Pudu. It is more costly than a regular bus, but it was worth it.

3. Re: Aeroline Bus Penang - Kuala Lumpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2012, 18:19