We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aeroline Bus Penang - Kuala Lumpur

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Aeroline Bus Penang - Kuala Lumpur

As a family of 4 we recently travelled on the Aeroline Bus FROM Penang to KUALA LUMPUR. It cost us RM60 per adult and RM30 for a child (over 13 yrs is adult cost).

To buy tickets you MUST buy them at the depot which is near the Queensbay Mall (yellow buiding). We bought ours 3 days before travel and booked seats 1A,1B, 2A and 2B - top deck right at the front - the BEST seats to have. Coffee is available at the depot before departure or there is a Starbucks nearby.

The bus is extremely comfortable. We were given headphones for the on board movie but I just enjoyed the classical music on channel 4. They brought around a bottle of water not long after departure and later on a lovely meal of chicken & rice. Coffee came later.

The bus used the express way so the views are a bit boring but the roads were safe. We stopped at Ipoh for 20mins. We grabbed some snacks and drinks.

There is a sitting toilet on board but the space is very small so a larger/taller person would be cramped.

It was comfortable and cheap and highly recommended.

Do make sure your luggage is put onto the bus and get off quickly to ensure no-one takes your luggage at KL.

We were expecting extra costs of RM10 per luggage tag (as per their website) but they weren't worried. They may not take a really large suitcase as their storage space is small. Check first.

Enjoy

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aeroline Bus Penang - Kuala Lumpur

Just wanted to add that you can also buy tickets online at:

https://www.aeroline.com.my/

Thanks,

Reese & Mark

www.CapturingPenang.com

subang jaya
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aeroline Bus Penang - Kuala Lumpur

I agree with your comments. We bought tickets online. I live in Subang Jaya so being dropped off at Sunway is definite plus in comparison to Pudu. It is more costly than a regular bus, but it was worth it.

3. Re: Aeroline Bus Penang - Kuala Lumpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2012, 18:19