We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been to hair salons in George Town?

Jeonju, South Korea
13 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone been to hair salons in George Town?

Hi, all TAs^^

I'm going to Penang in June mainly for relaxing and food hunting^^

So i'd like to visit a hair salon if it's good and reasonable price.

Do they have only 'Wash + Blow' without cutting and so on?

Has anyone done it before in Penang(mainly in George Town)?

How much would be?

When i stayed in Taipei, i open went to local hair salons(not fancy but cozy) for Wash&Blow included some hair and shoulder massage service. It was so nice to start a day^^

Hopefully i can enjoy it also in Penang^^*

Edited: 16 March 2012, 09:45
Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been to hair salons in George Town?

Hi Hobbang,

My daughters use the services of APT. They have a outlet on Burmah Rd, not far from Penang Rd just pass the Tune Hotel and New World Hawker centre. Tel nb is 04 227 0333. They have three levels of prices depending on the grade of the hair stylist. You are able to have just the wash and blow dry. My daughters prefer the attention provide by ''Wayne'' for their hair cuts. From memory the top price for wash, layered style cut and dry was about RM$70. They also have loyalty card system offering discounts for repeat visits.

Gaja

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been to hair salons in George Town?

My best friend used one of the hairdressers in Prangin Mall (on the third or fourth floor in mall B - the same part that holds Parkson) when we travelled to Penang together in 2009.

She got a cut & colour for (according to her) less than half what she would pay in Perth (she refuses to pay the high prices at salons here, instead doing home dye jobs, so to go to a salon was a special treat). They did a beautiful job, rich colour, her hair was beautifully soft, and a really nice job on the cut too.

Jeonju, South Korea
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone been to hair salons in George Town?

sounds great! i'll search for the stylist you mentioned. thank u^^*

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
416 posts
694 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone been to hair salons in George Town?

My gf went to a salon on a strip mall for color highlights, and came out looking like a street walker... peroxide blonde. She is not easily embarrassed, but came home with a scarf over her head and cried until the next morning.

She went to another salon on 4th floor of Gurney Mall the next day and found a great salon there that fixed her up and were very empathetic. They did all the usual stuff, like head massage, conditioner etc., but not really cheap at US$80, which is the same as they charged to ruin it the day before.

Jeonju, South Korea
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone been to hair salons in George Town?

oh, gurney mall which i'm going for food as well. thank u, i'll remember^^ it seems the price is as cheap as Taipei though, i'm looking for it^^

Perth WA
Level Contributor
218 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone been to hair salons in George Town?

Hi hobbabg

I do know of a great hairdresser in Prangin Mall business name EMPHASIS(NO.33-3-91 ph: 04-2634021) 3rd floor ask for "May" have had wash & blowwave, cut, perm and colours done by May each time i have been to Penang which is twice a year, price is about half of what i pay here. I am very fussy with my hair and i find it difficult to trust a hairdresser but May and this salon i trust.

Jeonju, South Korea
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone been to hair salons in George Town?

Prangin Mall!! i just googled it. wow~~ the location is great^^

half price compared to Australia.... ok~~ i can guess the price^^

Thank you for your comment.

It'll help me a lot^^

Edited: 27 March 2012, 12:39
Burnside, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone been to hair salons in George Town?

Hi,

I go to Sunny at Moluce 042634085, 2nd shop from Parksons Prangin Mall 1st Level, same floor as ladies wear in Parksons.

I have taken numerous people there and eveyone is impressed, Great cutter, colourist,cheap, Well worth finding him, staff friendly,salon clean you will want to go back, i have been going there for more than 4 years, I have hair colour( blonde) and have never had a bad hair day, My mother inlaw loves to go there on here trips from Singapore and my husband loves the head massage from Sunny's wife, said best in Penang. Good luck if you go tell him Susy said hi and i am back in may.

Jeonju, South Korea
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone been to hair salons in George Town?

wow~~ it seems that i should go to Prangin Mall^^

Thank you^^

i can't wait to go Penang!!!!!

10. Re: Has anyone been to hair salons in George Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 14:15