We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Escape Park in Penang

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Escape Park in Penang

Has anyone been there? Whats your thoughts about it? What age group do you think it caters for? Anyone know when the water park will be open?

I have googled it, but would like to hear from anyone who has been there.

Thanks.

Heidelberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Escape Park in Penang

We live on Penang and I have to say that Escape is a greatly welcomed! 2 families with children ages 7 to 12 and we all...adults too loved it! If you love doing something. Outdoors and a bit exciting this is perfect. They have easier, lower to the ground challenges for younger kids. It really depends on the child but an adventurous 5 yr old would love it. I did the hardest level and had a great time. Be prepared to sweat like crazy. Choose and overcast day if you can. The ropes, ladders, zip lines are as challenging as you like with lots of help. They have a climbing wall and cave that's fun for younger kids. A definite must do if you visit. We are getting a membership as we plan to go often.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Escape Park in Penang

It is not a water theme park...more of an adventure park with lots of rope climbing activities etc....nothing like Lakeview or Tambun

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Escape Park in Penang

The water park ...across the road..they say is due to open 2015

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
115 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Escape Park in Penang

I second mommoves' opinion. Do bring lots of water. You can leave the containers just outside the park in a chest for that purpose, then step out for a drink.

I suggest coming when they open at 9am--it is cooler and the line shorter. There are shaded picnic tables on an access road beside Monkey Business (their main 3-level attraction). Gloves are highly recommended.

Even as the novelty wears off--been there 6 times (bought a passport which allows unlimited visits for a year), it is still a fun, social and challenging workout with lots of ways to simplify the stages if too daunting.

The park is fun with lots of eco-friendly features (sod roofs, rainwater catchment to water plants, food plants used to shade and decorate the park, etc!)

Malaysia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Escape Park in Penang

Is the entrance fees included every games? What's the duration for playing every games? :)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Escape Park in Penang

No. You need to pay extra for certain games.

Malaysia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Escape Park in Penang

Oic...thanks for the reply.

So the entrance fees can only play a few games? (how many games?)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Escape Park in Penang

You can play most of them without extra charges. Only a couple of them need to pay extra charges. I don't remember how many types of rides and climbs there are.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 17:36
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
115 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Escape Park in Penang

The tower drop is an additional fee of RM20 per drop, and there are Segway knockoffs for hire. But the majority of activities are covered by the entrance fee.

10. Re: Escape Park in Penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 12:17