We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penang Dental Surgery

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Penang Dental Surgery
Save

I cracked my front teeth, had it extracted and replaced with a denture. The denture prevents me from speaking and eating properly. After 2months of frustration, I call Penang dental surgery and asked if they could help. Though sceptical, I flew to Penang and was amazed that their denture is so refine and comfortable. Am now able to speak and eat normally and it also cost less than half

the price in Melbourne.

The staff are professional and helpful and I am very pleased with the result. Am definitely

returning there for my implant. The savings in cost will more than provide a holiday in Malaysia too.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
9,176 posts
136 reviews
84 helpful votes
1. Re: Penang Dental Surgery
Save

You are spot on sue. We have a dentist in KL we use and my local dentist could not believe the quality and price of the work. He said the gold cost alone in him getting a crown made would not cover the total cost of the complete job. Seeing our guy again in January.

Cheers

Sean

Edited: 4 years ago
Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
76 reviews
74 helpful votes
2. Re: Penang Dental Surgery
Save

I have also used the Penang Dental Surgery and have recommended them before on this forum. They provide a excellent alternative to the expensive (even using private health) dental service here in OZ.

Gaja

WI
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
13 helpful votes
3. Re: Penang Dental Surgery
Save

I am checking out this surgery based on your recommendations. They have offered me appointments with "junior" dentists. Would I be too forward in asking for the individuals mentioned here? I only need a simple filling. Have you had work done by these other individuals?

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
76 reviews
74 helpful votes
4. Re: Penang Dental Surgery
Save

I go to and can recommend Dr Wong Peng Sim. She studied at Adelaide University. You will be in good hands.

Gaja

WI
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
13 helpful votes
5. Re: Penang Dental Surgery
Save

I may be a little slow here. I do not see Dr. Wong on the PDS website.

The ones they are slotting for me are Dr. Ng and Goh. They seem the least experienced. Is it OK for me to ask for someone else?

Bain Boeuf
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
19,210 posts
210 reviews
105 helpful votes
6. Re: Penang Dental Surgery
Save

A lot of the Expat community here use one of the Smilebay surgeries - https://www.smilebaydental.com

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
29 helpful votes
7. Re: Penang Dental Surgery
Save

do you mean patrick wong peng sim? thats the only name that pop out on google search

8. Re: Penang Dental Surgery

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about George Town
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.