We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kinabalu Airport Tranport To Kinabalu Mountain Park

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kinabalu Airport Tranport To Kinabalu Mountain Park

Hi All,

I am planning to go to Kinabalu on mid November by myself only

going to arrive around 9 30 PM night and scheduled to climb Kinabalu mountain on next morning approx 9 30 Am

I would like to get suggestion since it seems there are 2 ways reaching Kinabalu mountain park

1. Arrive airport and take transport such as Taxi direct to Kinabalu park and stay overnight in Kinabalu Park, this option seems to be expensive since the only transport is taxi which could charge me a lot

2.Stay at kinabalu city and stay overnight, and going to Kinabalu park early morning by share cost transport, though i have read that the earliest transport is 7-7:30 morning which will be very thigh given that Kinabalu park close for climbing around 9 30 am

Though i prefer option 1 since it will give me much time to prepare for climb, but it will be costly since hiring taxi for 100 km drive,

or is there any alternative transport that is cheaper?

For your suggestion all

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kinabalu Airport Tranport To Kinabalu Mountain Park

I have checked Uber/Grab, this option seems available at about RM80 per car per way.

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kinabalu Airport Tranport To Kinabalu Mountain Park

Hi Sabah girl

Thanks for the feedback,

Haven thought of that, i think RM80 is a bargain for 100KM ride

anyway, based on reputation in my country Indonesia, Uber or Grab tent to reluctant picking up costumer in Airport since they don not want to get confronted by local taxi, does this happen in KK airport as well?

Regard,

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kinabalu Airport Tranport To Kinabalu Mountain Park

Hi,

Sabah Girl suggestion can be considered but looking at your ETA, I doubt any grab/uber willing to send you.

Suggest to spend a night at KK, leaves early morning the next day. But for saying that, our local transport wont be leaving until the whole seats are filled, so you might be rushing for your climb as the journey up to the National Park can be from 2.30 to 3hours depending on type of vehicle.

My best bet to be safe is get a taxi the next day(pre book) but then again can be costly.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Kinabalu Airport Tranport To Kinabalu Mountain Park

Some of my KK friends told me that Uber/Grab not willing to take the ride from KK air port to Kinabalu park unless we pay double the price...is it true for this?

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kinabalu Airport Tranport To Kinabalu Mountain Park

Can be true considering they will return empty car

Reply to: Kinabalu Airport Tranport To Kinabalu Mountain Park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu