We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public busses from the airport?

belgium
Level Contributor
153 posts
940 reviews
Save Topic
public busses from the airport?

I'm flying into KK airport rather late, arriving at 23.45...what are my transport options into town, is there any public bus/shuttle still going? will taxis be expensive at that time of night? thanks for any info!

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,094 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public busses from the airport?

There is no public bus or shuttle. The cost of taxi will depend on which terminal you flight uses and where you are staying. The Low Cost Carrier Terminal, Air Asia etc, is closer to town than Terminal 1 where Malaysia Airlines, Royal Brunei etc arrive. There is a surcharge on taxis at that time of night but I expect the cost would be no more than RM60 to most of the hotels in town.

Sandakan
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: public busses from the airport?

The price is only for the city area. To Rasa Ria Resort will be much expensive than that.

belgium
Level Contributor
153 posts
940 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public busses from the airport?

yes I arrive on airasia, so that's the nearer terminal...

still, 60 RM sounds like a lot, a lot more then my hotel room in fact (I booked at tunehotels.com)

hopefully I will be able to team up with someone else coming off the plane and share taxi cost...

by the way, does anyone know if tunehotels have 24 hour reception/check-in? it will be way past midnight when I get there...I don't find that info on their website

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,094 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public busses from the airport?

It may be more than MR60 as the Tune Hotel is at 1Borneo which is about 15 minutes the other side of the city from the airport. I think you are look at more like MR80. Rates at the Tune are so cheap because they only provide for the room. All extras, towels, airconditioning, toiletries etc are an extra charge.

Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: public busses from the airport?

I am staying at RASA RIA how much will taxi cost? is this the best option? I am booking with Agoda so not sure if I can contact hotel for transfer and whether that is more expensive

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,094 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: public busses from the airport?

A taxi to Rasa Ria from the airport will cost around RM80 in normal hours. The hotel shuttle is dearer.

belgium
Level Contributor
153 posts
940 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: public busses from the airport?

thanks for the info!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: public busses from the airport?

i would suggest that you go into Tune Hotel Kota Kinabalu web site for info. They provide transport at RM35 to Tune Hotel and if you are checking in late, you will have to inform them. You could email to them. Everything that you need to know is in the web site.

All the very best and have a good holiday in KK

Doreen

belgium
Level Contributor
153 posts
940 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: public busses from the airport?

thanks doreen, that's good advice!

I will email them and ask if they have a late pick-up service

I just took a closer look at their website and it seems they have 24-hour reception going, so late check-in should be no problem

10. Re: public busses from the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2010, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu