My partner and I are trying to plan a 8 day spell of our holiday in September when we will be in Borneo. We currently just have flights out of Kinabalu at the end of the 8 days. However, we're finding research confusing and we'd REALLY appreciate your help.
Quick background, we don't think we're up to climbing mount kinabalu and we're not interested in diving (though are interested in wildlife). Finally, we are determined to spent 1 or 2 nights at the Rasa Ria.
With that said, we'd really appreciate advise on the following questions:
- Should we spend the whole 8 days in KK or should we spend some time in Kurching also?
- We've read about 'island hopping' near KK, what is this and how does it work?
- If we are seeing Orangs at the Rasa Ria, should we bother with Sepilok?
- We're interested in 'Turtle Island' but can we only combine this with Sepilok?
- Where are jungle stays and how to we book one?
- How easy is it to book day trips when out there and would KK be a good hub to do day trips from?
Finally, we're interested in a jungle stay, perhaps the hot springs and nature. We'd also be interested in visiting a longhouse but are confused where these are.
In short, we're finding it hard piecing the trip together. Please help with suggested itinaries/advice!