We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grace Garden Apaprtments Kota Kinabalu

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grace Garden Apaprtments Kota Kinabalu

I've been looking for a place to stay for myself and two older children in June but am restricted by the three of us (room to move in a hotel room), wanting a pool and two of us being vegan and so wanting to be able to prepare some meals in case we don't find anything much. I've found the Grace Garden apartments which look nice in photos but have no reviews at all. Has anyone stayed here or heard of anyone who has?

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grace Garden Apaprtments Kota Kinabalu

Hello there!

I am currently staying next to Grace Garden, Grace Ville. Both these apartments are pretty near to town. Rooms are pretty decent too! If you are looking for condominium type of accomodation, you can also consider Likas Square Condotel.

Cheers!

Franschhoek, South...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grace Garden Apaprtments Kota Kinabalu

Hi Coulinjo

I haven't stayed there, so here's the skinny on the outside. It's relatively new apartments (maybe 4 years old), have a nice pool, a tennis court and a playground for kids.

It's right next to Grace Point which is a beautifully landscaped garden and food court built around the Double 6 Memorial. Next to that is Grace Square where you'll find a few local eateries a spa and another residential complex.

Grace Garden is located opposite the Sutera Harbour property, next to the newly opened Harbour City shoplots (not too many things in there though), and on the fringes of Sembulan (10 mins walks from the State Mosque) and a water village - the water village however is anything but the pride of KK, as it's dilapidated and a rubbish dump - not a tourist attraction.

It's also just about 10 minutes walk from KK Times Square, which is another relatively new development and has more restaurants, and a few other shops.

Unless you love walking, a taxi will take 5 minutes to town, 10 minutes to Tanjung Aru Beach and 20 minutes to 1Borneo. Location wise, not too bad.

Southampton UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grace Garden Apaprtments Kota Kinabalu

My husband and I will be going to KK for 2 months in Jan2011 and want to rent an apartment whilst we are there. Please would you let me know the prices for a long term stay?

Vickie

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grace Garden Apaprtments Kota Kinabalu

Hi Vickie,

for long term stay of 2 months in Grace Garden 2-rooms unit, it will be around RM200 a day.

Cheers! =)

Perth
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grace Garden Apaprtments Kota Kinabalu

I've booked here for next week and I have to say the email contact has been outstanding. The information is great and it's been so easy :)

Southampton UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grace Garden Apaprtments Kota Kinabalu

I notice that you suggested Likas condotel as a possibility.... We have been therre in Feb this year and we were on the 4th floor and found it a VERY noisy place. The top floors seemed to be taken over by scores of students and the cleaning staff were extremely noisy, scraping furniture across the tiled floors above us, not cheap either. The pool is very nice and it's convenient to town as it has it's own bus. We are looking for an alternative for next year so if any one can recommend something reasonable near the city?

Vvickie

Southampton UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grace Garden Apaprtments Kota Kinabalu

Thanks very much for your help.

8. Re: Grace Garden Apaprtments Kota Kinabalu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2010, 14:28