We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KK - Kundasang Trip

TRaVeLLeRs
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
KK - Kundasang Trip

Hi,

Would seek for an advise. This is our itinerary:

March 13 : Reach KK Airport - Kundasang

Can anyone suggest transportation that can be rent from airport to Kundasang? Total pax: 9

Any recommend apartment in Kundasang with kitchen facilities and can fit 9 pax as we're going to stay only 1 night

March 14 - 16 : KK town

Anybody knows how to book Marina Condo? Any contacts? As we're in 1 family we plan to rent only 1 apartment in KK.

Many thanks.

Franschhoek, South...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KK - Kundasang Trip

There are at least 3 car rental companies at both Terminal 1 and 2 and if you Google "kota kinabalu rent a car" you'll see a few companies.

8 - 12 seater vans start around RM350 per day, so that would probably be your cheapest bet for getting from the airport to Kundasang (otherwise you have to take 2 taxis, but I doubt you'd be able to convince any of them to take you to Kundasang from there).

As for the apartment in Kundasang with kitchen facilities - the only ones I know of that have kitchen facilities and can host 9 people in the same unit are at Kinabalu Park HQ and Mesilau Nature Resort - both run by Sutera Sanctuary Lodges.

And the back in KK, Marina Court Condos has numerous listings - just Google "marina court kota kinabalu" and you'll instantly have at least 5 ways to book it. Hosting 9 people in one apartment may be a bit of a squeeze though, but I'm sure you'll find something.

Good luck.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KK - Kundasang Trip

Hi rachtapur,

The lodges at Kinabalu Park & Mesilau is an absolute recommendations. Good facilities & beautiful view of the mountain. As mentioned by Eastofwest, it is own by Sutera Sanctuary Lodges.

You can check out the rates at:

suterasanctuarylodges.com.my/v2/index.html

Another place you could consider staying in Kundasang would be Zen Garden Resort, they have a 4 rooms lodge with 1 living room + 1 kitchen.

You can check out the rates at their website:

http://www.zengardenresort.com/rates.cfm

If you do not plan to drive, you can hire a van with driver to send you up and fetch you the next day. The average price is around RM600-RM650 per way.

I agree with Eastofwest, 9 person staying in the same unit in Marina Court would be pretty cramp. Maybe you can consider taking 2 unit instead?

Happy Travelling!

Nickie

TRaVeLLeRs
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: KK - Kundasang Trip

How about Kinabalu Pine Resort. I've TA review both Zen and Mesilau and both gives more negatives review.

How about food in Kundasang? is it easier to find food that area? is it expensive?

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KK - Kundasang Trip

Hi rachtapur,

Kinabalu Pine Resort is nice. Its actually my family's vacation spot. We go up and stay with Pine every year. Love the view, love the rooms.

As you were requesting for a Lodge that could fit up to 9 pax, did not think of recommending it to you. If your choice is to stay with Pine, then you'll need to book up to 3 rooms for your family.

Food in Kundasang ain't cheap, as most of the raw food are transported from Kota Kinabalu. Be prepared to pay for its "transportation" fees as well.

On the other hand, shops are some distance away, unless you rent a car and drive around yourself, otherwise, eating at the resort would seems like the best choice.

Have a good time!

Nickie

Darwin Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KK - Kundasang Trip

Before you think about booking at the Zen Garden, read the reviews. On our next trip we had been thinking about the TM Resort in Kundasang - you can have a look at it on the www.pinganchorage.com.my site. Can thoroughly recommend the lodges in the park, but since the Sutera starting gouging on the prices they're now way out of our budget range. Only three years ago we paid about RM500 per night for a lodge that they're now charging at about RM2000 per night!

6. Re: KK - Kundasang Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2012, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu