We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation near Shahbandar Jetty or within easy reach

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
accommodation near Shahbandar Jetty or within easy reach

Hello,

We are travelling to Redang for our honeymoon in mid June and are forced (due to flights being in the afternoon) to spend the first night in KT area. Could anyone recommend a nice (4*+) hotel/resort in the area where we could maybe also get beach (but not essential since we can wait till next day).

Just want somewhere quality to spend the night before catching the ferry next morning (not worrying about the price).

I made some online searches myself but there seem to be confusing listings. For example, I don't understand why Coral Redang Resort is listed under Terengganu and not Redang on tripadvisor, I thought this was on the island (??)

Thank you, Michaela

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,424 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation near Shahbandar Jetty or within easy reach

Coral Redang is on Redang island. Its a Trip Advisor issue that is wrongly listed under Terengganu.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation near Shahbandar Jetty or within easy reach

Thanks for that, it was also my impression from reading the reviews but then I thought maybe they are sister hotels or something like that.

This error puts them into some disadvantage when one looks for hotels in Redang on tripadvisor as they don't show up on that list. It's a pity as they seem rather nice..

I'm still without a suggestion for where we could spend the night :(

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation near Shahbandar Jetty or within easy reach

Hi,

5* -Heritage Bay Club Marine & Resort at Pulau Duyung about 1.5 km, across the rivermouth ; 4*- Primula Beach hotel, nearly 2km away, near the General hospital and Batu Burok beach. Haven't stayed there, you can google..

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation near Shahbandar Jetty or within easy reach

Hi,

The reviews are mixed in both cases but I think Heritage would do for a night. I don't think from what people say and by looking at photos this is 5*( or even 4) but then again, very few places that say that actually are.

It would be great if they do boat transfers to the jetty, something i need to enquire with the hotel before booking.

Is it possible from there to get easy access to town, I can see this is an island, but looks like maybe a road/bridge may cross over looking at the map

Many thanks you your help

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation near Shahbandar Jetty or within easy reach

The 4,5 *rating is from a Trengganu tourism website. I'm no expert at hotel ratings. Not much hotel choice in KT. Even non-' beggers can't be chooses', haha.

Boat transfers to Syahbandar jetty should be relatively very cheap. There are other jetties at the waterfront for the villagers, they used to pay 50sen or 1 Ringgit before modernisation of Duyung Island.

Not sure of a side road to the island from the bridge.

Kuala Terengganu...
Level Contributor
490 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation near Shahbandar Jetty or within easy reach

Coral Redang Island Resort is on the island but their main office in Kuala Terengganu Town.. You can book directly to resort or at the main office.

Highly recommended....

From Heritage, u can request for the land transfer to Shahbandar Jetty about less than 15mins driving..passby the Sultan Mahmud Bridge.

Happy Travels

Overland-Transfer

Edited: 19 February 2012, 18:18
7. Re: accommodation near Shahbandar Jetty or within easy reach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 05:22